Canon pro 10 error B200 - How to get to the printer head?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks @The Hat! I am almost embarrassed to ask, but undiluted? Also a bit difficult to access the ink pads without a bit more disassembly
To gain access to the ink pads use a flashlight and a large syringe to squirt window cleaner all over the place, the extra splashes won’t do any hard and paper towels are great at mopping up the mess..

No need for any more embarrassment or disassembly, you have earned your wings..:hugs
P.S. Turkey Baster work just as well as syringes..

Molly2021

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10S
To gain access to the ink pads use a flashlight and a large syringe to squirt window cleaner all over the place, the extra splashes won’t do any hard and paper towels are great at mopping up the mess..

No need for any more embarrassment or disassembly, you have earned your wings..:hugs
P.S. Turkey Baster work just as well as syringes..
Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated.

arora12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
Sometimes when the printer is left off for a while (Unplugged) it will start up normally when powered on again, so try raising the top cover before switch on and listen and watch to see if the head moves slightly, when it does pull the power lead out of the wall quickly.. That’s one way..

The other method that I used was to remover the right side panel from the printer and cut a hole in the side of the frame to gain access to the gear that controls the locking catch that holds the print head on the purge pads.

When finished I hot glued the sidepieces back in but that was unnecessary because the side covers up the hole very neatly..

I used a Dramel tool for cutting..

P.S. Cleaning won’t work, you’re going to need a new Head..

View attachment 13867 View attachment 13868 click to enlarge..
You sir, are the best!!! I just got it unlocked by doing the same thing and replaced the printhead and issue fixed :)

fredwbj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
My Pixma 100 carriage is locked on the right sidw and rotating the 4 gear cluster does trip the locking catch. Any additional thoughts??

fredwbj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
Appreciate your help! Put 2 serious pulls on the carriage with it raised without effect. Don't want to break something. Is there an actual catch holding the carriage? When I de-tension the carriage drive belt and try to move the carriage to the left the belt re-tensions on the top. Think this is indicating the resistance to moving is in the drive motor. What do you think??
Thanks,
Fred

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What do you think??
Try turning off the printer and leave for a few hours, then come back and raise the lid and listen for the pre booting up, then watch carefully for the print head to move slightly to the right a small bit, at that point pull the power plug from the wall socket..

When the printer wont play ball , this is just another way of getting to the print head..