Canon Pixma Pro 10 Refilling

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Perhaps I'll wait a while. Does anyone know when suitable Inks and resetters will be available?
Not yet... After the success of the Pro-100 / CLI-42 REdSETTER work has begun on the chip reset portion but relies on breakthroughs in understanding the specific chips. As for inks it's much the same thing although one is very much reliant on the other at this stage.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Guess who supplied some data for Redsetter engineers to digest?

Garrett Kline

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-10
Based on my current testing of PGI-9 bodies on the Pro-10, the construction type appears similar but the internal specifications of the cartridge is not identical between the PGI-9 and PGI-72. The PGI-72 might work properly on the Pro9500 but my testing shows dissimilar feed characteristics on the Pro-10. So vice versa does not apply in this case. The Pro-10 printhead is not tolerant of dissimilar ink characteristics from OEM. It is very sensitive to the cartridge and ink properties.

Adding to this my testing is also showing that ink that works perfectly well on the 9500 is not working properly on the Pro-10. YMMV so tread carefully.

I will thus suggest to proceed with caution and very carefully test and observe the printed output and look for any signs of improper ink feed. It's hard to see to the untrained eye and will show up in certain printhead loading conditions. It will print BUT carefully check for proper ink ejection and feed characteristics. This has long term effects on the printhead.

My introduction of the inkset for the Pro-10 is delayed until this small but important issue is resolved by ink formulation adjustment.

Just purchased Pro-10 any updates on this?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I did two videos for the PGI -9 which refill the same way. One with the drip method and another with a modified clip for direct injecting with a syringe. The hat also did a video on refilling these types of carts.

Joe

gaetan 74

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
pro1, pro 9000
ok thank but where are these video