Canon Pixma Pro-1 problem

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Sorry I sort of hijacked the thread a little - I've just got the one printer, had the missing second halves on the print test page and got a B200 error whilst trying to deep clean the group. I've got 2 replacement print heads sat here and am ready to go!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Have you got any new print heads yet or are you still trying to get the printers to work, and can you post a link to the site you purchased the heads from and a pic of the box it came in..
I would still like to see the link where you bought your print head from and the box it came in, also why would you buy more than one print head ?

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Apologies, I missed that post! Sure, I got them from cartridge save at https://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/QY6-0080-000.html

I got two because they seemed to be a good price and I figured if this can happen once, it can happen again and I can only imagine the parts getting rarer and more expensive as the years roll by!

I've attached a picture of one of the boxes for you :)

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 132

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
And the latest nozzle check attached also!

Attachments

• TestPage 1.jpeg
    TestPage 1.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 117

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OK, now we can get down to brass tacks, first off, how is the Pro 1 printer.. Condition ?..
Will it turn on without any errors showing and just sit there with no LED lights flashing !..

How is your ink supply, because you’ll need a minimum of 35% of ink in every cartridge before you can proceed with your installation, it’s essential to be prepared beforehand.
These questions are important before you can proceed.
P.S. I can see why you bought two print heads, because the price is so ridiculous..:thumbsup

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
right?? I thought that was less than half what I've seen elsewhere!

Ok so printer condition is pretty much perfect other than this. Powers up fine, sits with just the white power light on happily. Never had any other errors at all before this B200 that popped up after the cleaning.

I've attached the image of the ink levels - everything looks good except potentially matte black but I'd say it's on the nose personally. I think I've got a fresh cartridge anyway if I need to replace.

The only other thing to mention (which may have been prudent earlier on thinking about it) is that some of the inks are third party cartridges from here:

https://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/PGI29-PACK-CPT.html

Is this a situation where I should ideally be running OEM inks or would these suffice..?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 16.37.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 16.37.16.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 118

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Amazing, thanks for all the help!