1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: The Epson RPM quality option - does it offer a benefit ?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Canon Pixma Pro-1 problem

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by sallor, Jun 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jun 6, 2018
    sallor

sallor Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon PRO-1
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my Pixma PRO-1 had started to print photographs with less detail and quality than usual and, occasionally, some band appearing with lighter tones. A nozzle check shows each of the patterns for the grey colours in block 1 split into two solid parts (see attachment). I have tried a few cleaning cycles, a couple of deep cleaning and one system cleaning without success.

The printer is a 5 years old PRO-1, not very heavily used, always with original cartridges. In the last half a year before the problem became visible I only used it occasionally and mainly to print CDs.

IMG_20180528_0001B.jpg

Thank you for any hint or advice.

2. Jun 6, 2018
    turbguy

turbguy Printer Master Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon i960, Canon i9900
    I would have to say the print head has an electronic failure (sorry), but would prefer to see a service test print to confirm that.

You might try removing the carts and print head, and re-seating everything...

3. Jun 6, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Hi @sallor, I am sorry for your loss, Ouch, as @turbguy has pointed out your print head has developed an electrical problem on one side and the whole print head will need replacing.

All the cleaning you have done has been for nothing and you have just wasted all your expensive inks, because printing one nozzle check before each print run could have saved your print head from damage or at least saved you from dumping the OEM ink into the maintenance tank.

You’ll have to ask yourself whether it is prudent to put more €’s into the Pro 1 or purchase a new printer, because using a Pro 1 for just CD’s is very wasteful and may cause the same problem to reoccur again.

By not exercising all the ink nozzles on a regular basis, you run the risk of them clogging up again, this printer is not designed to just print CD’s but needs a full work out, the more you print the better it preforms and less expensive it is to run.

If you decide to purchase a new print head and new inks, then PM me when you have done so, and I will guide you through the necessary steps needed for head removal...