Canon Pixma Pro-1 problem

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Hi @The Hat
I am having a similar problem to @sallor on print group 2, except that the first band of each color is good, but the second, lighter bands are missing for three colors, but not the Yellow. I have tried cleaning group 2, deep cleaning gorup 2, system cleaning, leaving for 24 hrs and trying again, but would appreciate your advice on whether this is a clogged head, or an electronic issue. I assume its just clogged as I had not used the printer for over a year due to work/studies.
I'd appreciate any input - should I dump the PRO-1 and buy new, or carry on cleaning ?View attachment 12956
I have this exact problem! It's so difficult to find information about this printer - I wasn't even sure whether the sections on the right should be full or half colour blocks until finding this thread!! Would really appreciate any help with this. I must admit the printer sat idle for quite some time whilst moving house :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have this exact problem! It's so difficult to find information about this printer
Please explain and give more details and history of the problems your having and post a nozzle check here..

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Please explain and give more details and history of the problems your having and post a nozzle check here..
Aologies, I've been searching for answers for so long!

I moved house in January and the printer basically sat dormant for probably 6 months. When I printed an image I noticed that it seems to be missing the yellow channel, then when I printed a photo it seemed to be missing the red channel, but basically pictures are coming out and the colours look wrong. In places photos look black and white.

I've attached the nozzle test page but it's basically the same issue - the second half of each of the colour blocks is missing. I'm also getting intermittent banding showing up which you can see on this sheet.

Am I right in thinking this is new print head time..?

Attachments

• TestPage.jpeg
    TestPage.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 138

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Aologies, I've been searching for answers for so long!
And we’ve been here all that time..

It’s quite possible that you have already damaged print head by trying to print images and photos on the printer before you had run a nozzle check after such a long time laying ideal.

You could try running one single head clean and then another nozzle check, if no improvement then try a deep head clean followed by another nozzle check, now examine each colour for improvement carefully, they all should look like they do in block 3.
block 3.JPG click to enlarge..

If they are still missing one half of the colour segment like you have in block 2 then a new print head is the only way to get the printer back working properly once again.
block 2.JPG

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
As Hans and Franz of old Saturday Night Live would say... Hear me now and believe me later...

While there is evidence of clogging in the nozzle check, it is a metaphysical certitude the symmetrical straight line missing lower half of the color stripes in bank #2 are due to an irreparable failure and not clogs. No amount of cleaning will resolve it.

https://c.tenor.com/UfxmfX6EACQAAAAC/pump-you-up-hans-and-franz.gif

Last edited:

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Hi ll, thanks for the info, I've just tired a deep clean and hadn't spotted that the orange and white lights were flashing alternatively - I restarted the printer and whilst the clean appears to have started, I've also received a message saying:

"Support Code: 8200 An error has occurred. The printer needs repair. Turn the printer off and unplug the power cord of the printer from the power supply. Then see the manual and contact the service centre."

It does seem to still be cleaning though..

But hey, after reading all of this thread perviously I ordered some print heads anyway as I'll no doubt have to replace at some point and I'd like this printer to last for years yet/ I've got two spares sat here, can someone hook me up with some instructions on replacing the print head? :D

aztech360

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Happy New Year all! Can anyone help me out with how I might go about replacing the print head? This B200 error isn't going away sadly :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Can anyone help me out with how I might go about replacing the print head?
Happy New Year to you too..

Now you say you’ve got several of these Pro 1 printers and each have the same issue.. Duff print heads..

Have you got any new print heads yet or are you still trying to get the printers to work, and can you post a link to the site you purchased the heads from and a pic of the box it came in..
Post your latest nozzle check..

Last edited: