Canon Pixma Pro 1 error 6700

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The 6700 is indeed the low battery warning, as you have already located the battery compartment, but before removing the batter, you must power the printer off with the on /off switch, leaving the power plug still in the wall, only then can you safely remove the battery.

Once you have done that the printer should clear the 6700 errors, but if it doesn’t you will have to enter Service Mode again to reset the time/date once more, normally when you get the 006 errors in Service Tool, it means you haven’t carry out, or the procedure has failed to initiate..

NoMSG

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
A couple of issues I'm encountering...
1) I can't open the ink door cover without going into service mode first. When I do, after I insert the new RTC battery and closed the door and turned the printer off, it won't turn back on...I guess because it was in service mode.
2) I enter service mode to open to ink door, turn the printer off, unplug the printer, plug it back into the wall, turn it back on, receive the error 6700 with the new battery. I turn the printer off with the on/off button, replace it with another new battery, turn it off with the on/off switch, and turn it back on. No luck, error comes back.
3) I open service tool v3400 to set the time, which when the printer is unplugged it grays all buttons out so you can't set anything, I plug the printer into the computer via USB, all the buttons un-gray, I click set time under other, I receive error code 006.
This is a very expensive & hard to deal with printer...
Thanks for all your help!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you couldn’t open the ink doors while the printer was powered on, then I am the bearer of bad news, because your printer must not lose power to the EPROM chip, and if it does then the printer will become a door stop, (Your choice)

The printer was indeed expensive and its going to get more expensive, because you can either use it as a door stop as suggested, or return it to a Canon Service Agent, there they will reinitialise and reprogram the EPROM chip, replace the battery, then reset the time and any other services they may decide it needs.

And once you get it back (Wow the costs) you will never be able to enter Service More again, the Agents will close that avenue to you, this printer has a live memory and needs power always, no power no memory game over, (Total amnesia)

The original fatal 6700 error was a warning that the battery needed replacing, before everything else (High priority), but instead you misinterpreted the error and did something else, sorry for your loss... :(

P.S. you’re not the first to fall on your sword...

Terrie Adamd

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Maximum MB5420
With a The Hat's help I've solved first problem. Error 6700 is RTC battery problem (you have to dissasembly left side and change CR2032 coin battery) then using Service Tool (3400 version work fine) have to click Set Time option.
This solved first problem in my printer. Second one is B501 error during ink replacement.

Anyone had a similiar problem in this machine? I hope to solve this one tommorow and post everything on message board.

Hey Wojciech or The Hat,
I have disassembled the left hand side of the printer and I can’t locate the RTC battery. Do you have a picture of the location you could send me?l, that or a really detailed description. I’m having the same error and I’m trying to resolve. I wish I had an exploded view of this printer to work with!
Thanks in advance.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Do you have a picture of the location you could send me?
Firstly welcome @Terrie Adamd, don’t go pulling anything from the printer just yet, when you prepare to do any work on the Pro 1 printer, it must be plugged into the wall socket for safety.

Now there is no need to disassemble any part of the printer to gain access to the RTC battery compartment, and there are no photos on its location either, but if you press the button for cartridge replacement both ink doors will open automatically.

If you look closely just above the ink cartridges on the left side, use a flash light if necessary, you will see a round circle with a small nick in it, stick the head of a small screwdriver into that nick and the battery will pop out, job done... ;)

Terrie Adamd

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Maximum MB5420
Firstly welcome @Terrie Adamd, don’t go pulling anything from the printer just yet, when you prepare to do any work on the Pro 1 printer, it must be plugged into the wall socket for safety.

Now there is no need to disassemble any part of the printer to gain access to the RTC battery compartment, and there are no photos on its location either, but if you press the button for cartridge replacement both ink doors will open automatically.

If you look closely just above the ink cartridges on the left side, use a flash light if necessary, you will see a round circle with a small nick in it, stick the head of a small screwdriver into that nick and the battery will pop out, job done... ;)

Thanks for the info The Hat, that works well for the Pixma how about for the Canon Maxify MB5420 with the 6700 error? Cause the only battery I see is behind the face plate at the back above the rear door.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Terrie Adamd, you have completely lost me with that Maxify error because I wasn’t aware that the Maxify was equipped with a battery, I’ve have stripped the Maxify down to its underwear and never came across any battery connection.

It’s only an office printer and wouldn’t warrant the addition of such protection, that is usually only reserved for the higher end Pro printers...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I’ve have stripped the Maxify down to its underwear and never came across any battery connection.
I didn't see a battery either in the following video on dissembling the Maxify.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
you have completely lost me with that Maxify error
Resolving the Maxify 6700 error:

Uses Service Tool v.5204.

Maybe someone who understands the language can explain and verify. :idunno

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Don't tell me that you don't speak Brazilian, meu amigo..:p
I confess that this guy talks a bit too fast for my limited knowledge of Brazilian Portuguese, but it seems clear what he does. Enter service mode with the push buttons system (5 times) and then open the service tool v5.204. To clear error 6700 you select the tab 'other' on top of main menu and then click on 'set time'. The software says 'a function was finished'. Apparently that fixes error 6700.
Furthermore he resets the waste inkpad counter.
Feel free to try at your own risk. I will do it when error 6700 appears or the waste ink counter reaches 100, not before..;)

Last edited: