Canon Pixma MP750 for only $99.99

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
BTW, the longer I have this All in one machine the more and more I like it.

I was reading something and noticed that the printer's minimum paper size is "business card" or "credit card" size. This is a first for me since ALL my other printers couldn't print on anything smaller than a 3x5 card. I took some of my business cards from work and stuck them in the paper feed. Sure enough, it worked like a charm! It fed the thick business cards without any problems and spit them out in a beautiful little pile. Incredible!

I also really like the copy feature and the auto feed tray and use it much more often than I expected. I originally thought it would only be a modest amount easier than my separate scanner to printer setup I had before, but again I was mistaken. The fact that it is all integrated make the whole process much easier.

Definately one of the best purchases I've made.

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
BTW, the longer I have this All in one machine the more and more I like it.

I was reading something and noticed that the printer's minimum paper size is "business card" or "credit card" size. This is a first for me since ALL my other printers couldn't print on anything smaller than a 3x5 card. I took some of my business cards from work and stuck them in the paper feed. Sure enough, it worked like a charm! It fed the thick business cards without any problems and spit them out in a beautiful little pile. Incredible!

I also really like the copy feature and the auto feed tray and use it much more often than I expected. I originally thought it would only be a modest amount easier than my separate scanner to printer setup I had before, but again I was mistaken. The fact that it is all integrated make the whole process much easier.

Definately one of the best purchases I've made.
I like my MP760 even though it reported a paperjam when there was none and my only resolution was getting the sucker replaced. I have to admit I like canon's return policy. Doesn't work? We'll send you another, box up the old one, we'll pay to get it back. I didn't get free ink like I did on the Epson, but that's fine. Seems they only give you ink if your tanks are jammed.

The only thing annoying is they don't offer a model with both the feeder and the 35mm transparancy adapter. That would be most handy.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've got this 2 year warranty that will give me a quick and easy return to Fry's electronics though I hope to never need it.

BTW, I was looking through more of the printer driver settings and noticed that there is a continuous feed option?!?!?

Has anyone used this? I'm going to have to get me some continuous paper and give it a try.

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
BTW, I was looking through more of the printer driver settings and noticed that there is a continuous feed option?!?!?
I thought continuous feed was take paper from the lower tray, if empty take paper from the rear feeder.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
You might be correct, but it sure would be cool if I could stick continuous feed paper in the printer and print long banners / signs.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Glad you have moved up in the printing world- you got that multifunction for a steal. I have the older MP730 machines (4 cartridge machine - same printhead as IP3000) and these machines are real work horses.
The scanning is truly twain compliant and the multipage feeder puts these machines in there own class. Great for document management with twain compliant software. Also a great colour copier
Access to the cartridges is a bit difficult. Also the design of the machine makes it a bit complicated to pull apart

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I knew Rob would love this multifunctional.

It seems Canon is now producing a newer model (PIXUS or PIXMA MP790) but from what I've read at Canon's site it seems the only new thing in this new model is Chromalife, which of course should not be considered an improvement in this forum... :)

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
panos said:
I knew Rob would love this multifunctional.

It seems Canon is now producing a newer model (PIXUS or PIXMA MP790) but from what I've read at Canon's site it seems the only new thing in this new model is Chromalife, which of course should not be considered an improvement in this forum... :)
The current model is Chromalife.. I.e. ip3000/4000/5000 etc etc etc. And near as I can tell the mp790 is just the mp780 just the japanese version. I know it gets confusing becuase it's cleary indicated that the mp790 uses the chromalife100, but for some reason japan got that earlier then we did (ip3100/4100/5100 etc etc etc).

The "new" models are the the mp950 mp800 and mp500. These are the ones that offer the smaller drop size, but none offer the doc feeder nor fax.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
ocular said:
Also a great colour copier. Access to the cartridges is a bit difficult. Also the design of the machine makes it a bit complicated to pull apart
I completely agree! I like the option to copy in B/W or Color.

I am a bit dismayed regarding the trouble of getting at the cartridges. It definitely makes it more tricky to see the ink levels and refill. If I were doing a TON of volume I'd pull my i860 out of storage and use the MP750 for general office use.

I'm also a little worried about the waste tank error. This is one reason I got the replacement warranty. I'd be willing to pull my i560 or i860 apart to clean out the sponge, but not this monster. :D

BTW, I'm still using the printhead from my i860 in this thing and it has worked like a charm. No problems at all.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I agree about the cartridge access, but it's still far easier from HP multifunctionals. As for opening... multifunctionals seem imposing, but they are really pretty easy to open. I hope we'll soon get our hands on a service manual and will find some info there.

BTW, I just found out the combination for printing out the better pattern (from zakezuke's posting):

[menu] > [scan] > [copy] > [scan] > TESTMODE > [3] PRINTER > [1] SHUKKEN PATTERN 1

let it print the page and then power off. I just did it and got perfect results... good to see that my "simple vacuum refill" method works!