Canon Pixma MP750 for only $99.99

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just to let you know...

I received my CFS kit from MIS and went to work... You can see the initial results here:
http://www.allthefaqs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33473#33473

It wasn't pretty, it still isn't fixed up to my satisfaction but it is possible... I'll be updating that review and providing some "How to..." instructions in due course...

Oh, and get a shower after ruining a pair of jeans in the process of doing this... Looooonnng day :p

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ok... back to the question of the MP750 and this time I'm looking for information on changing the waste ink pad... plus of course, resetting the internal counter..

Anyone got any links available? or heaven forbid :O... a service manual?! :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
heh... would be useful but perhaps not as useful as I'd hoped... as it goes though... I found a solution that I think works...

Took a little bit of nervous testing based on a few nuggets I found on fixyourownprinter.com but it seems ok...

MP750 / MP780 reset instructions..

Hint:
- To select something... Use the '-' and '+' buttons and then the "OK" button.
- To go back... Use the "Stop/Reset" button
- To reset... Use the "On/Off" button (only after you've gone back as far as possible it seems)

1. Service menu: Menu -> Scan -> Copy -> Scan (one at a time in sequence)
2. Select "TEST MODE"
3. Select "[8] ETC.."
4. Select "[4] EEPROM CLEAR"
5. Select "[1] INK COUNT"
6. Press the [OK] button.
7. Press the [Stop/Reset] button (returns you to the TEST MOD sub-menu))
8. press the [ON/OFF] button (which resets the printer)

TIP: Don't rush the printer as it can often take considerable time to respond to your commands. Frantic button pressing will just push the printer into snail mode (ie: slow as hell!).

blueman541

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Newbie Question bare with me if you can.

I just got a MP780 printer. I read in these forums that it is the last readily available non-chipped printer canon offers.
I thought the canon ink carts have chips in it to tell the printer the ink level.

I am looking into refill methods for my canon mp780, so how does the printer tell how much ink there is level.
So, will the on screen ink inidicator on the LCD panel always say low if i use refill methods, like from inkgoodies.com ?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey blueman541, welcome to the forum!

Basically the newer printers have special print heads that accept a specially chipped cartridge. This only applies to the newer models. The MP750 and MP780 do NOT require (I don't even think they will accept) the new chipped cartridges.

Regarding the ink level: Search through these forums and you'll find a few discussions regarding the manner in which the Canon printers monitor and display ink levels. The only difference with your printer is that it shows on the printer what is already displaying on the computer screen.

The MP780, like the MP750 is a great machine with cartridges that are super easy to refill.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey websnail (or anyone else),

Funny story: I thought I'd start looking for the codes for my MP750 so I could start printing extended nozzle check patterns, eeprom info, etc. and thought I'd do a search online. Pretty much every search led me back to the Nifty-Stuff forum! :eek:)

Anyhoo, I saw a post or two where you talked about the reset codes for the waste tank.... do you happen to have access to all the codes / menus? I'd especially like to print the extended nozzle check pattern like the one I discussed
here:http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=165
and pictured here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/gallery/inkjet-refill-1/canon_extended_nozzle_check_pattern

Do you have this info for the MP750 menu / codes or access to the manual?

Thanks in advance.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sent you an email Rob... :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just a quick note...

I promised a "how to.." on installing a CIS on the MP750 but in truth it's never really been 100% happy or reliable so I've finally resorted to installing the original CIS back into a spare iP4000 I have and at some point I'm going to start over with a new set of tubing and hopefully some very thin strong material altered to suit the purpose..

Given that the MP750 is discontinued it's probably somewhat moot but I suspect when the newer MP units come out it'll be a much sought after modification as I'm reasonably sure it'll translate well into the newer machines... Only time will tell..

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The MP750 would certainly be a bargain at $100.00. But have not seen a retail ad on those units for months. But I do note, the 3/12/06 issue of the Indianapolis Star again carried an ad for a Canon 780
for $150.00 after rebates at Fry's electronics.