Canon Pixma MP750 for only $99.99

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Friends,

Not that I need another printer, but this is almost too good to pass up. $99.00 for the Canon Pixma MP750 at Fry's electronics(199.99 with an INSTANT 100 rebate).

Any suggestions before I go shopping? Either talk me out of it, or into it! :D

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Come on guys... I'm getting antsy here! This baby has auto duplexing and a sheet fed copyer. I'm wondering if the sheet feeder will work on just doing scanning? For example, can I set in 10 pages and have them all just scanned into an image / pdf / etc?

What are the chances it uses the same printhead as the i860?

Any other comments on this all in one? I need help! ;)

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'd say jump on it. The reviews I've read are positive, and User Reviews are very good. The only knock is that the MP750 is an older model that lacks Fax and "photo features" capability. I've always been reluctant to do the scan-copy-print thing, but that comes from an old school phobia about putting all one's eggs in one basket. But for $99, how can you go wrong?

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have the MP780 which is the Big Brother which includes a fax and i love it. Only thing is i hate it right now because it seems the print heads are clogged, and i'm scared to do anything about it. I'm sure it's something I did.

Other than that, awsome printer!!!!! I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!!!!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Friends,

Thanks for the replies.

Kenyada, if you read some of the MP750 posts on this forum you'll see that I've said the same thinga bout "eggs in one basket". The problem is that his basket/egg combo is so very cheap and I'll probably keep my other eggs around just in case! ;)

LinkinPark, do you use the duplex feature very often? What about my question regarding the multiple page scanning? Can yours scan multiple pages into one long document?

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here at our house, we recycle our paper (use back and front) eventually, so yes, i have duplex printing as default. It may take a few more seconds to do this, but it saves paper, and does it automatically. Otherwise i'd have one article on the top, and another on the bottom(which got very confusing when i was reading). SO yes, i use that feature alot. If you are the type of person that prints out information that your not going to present to anyone, like me, just look it over because it's easier on the eyes or such, then the duplex printing is mraculous on saving paper. Yeah, multiple page scanning is awsome, it can scan multiple pages at once, and turn them into back and front copies too. I'm not sure what you mean byt turning it into one long document, i guess i havn't done this before or i am misunderstanding something.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks!

What I meant was if you have 20 pages to scan and put, for example, into a MS word document, or a PDF, etc. can it scan a lot of documents and convert all of them to soft copies.

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i believe so, i can test it if you like. Infact i have a 10 page paper i can test it on.

***EDIT/UPDATE: Worked perfectly, it actually turned out to be two copies on top of each other. So instead it was 20 pages, but yes it turned it into a multipage PDF, i know there is also a way to make it editable in MS word, or other document editor, i just forgot how. hehehe

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I trust ya! Anybody know if this printhead matches any other printers?

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
http://weink.com/ecom/catalog/genuine_canon_brand_replacement_0049_printhead_2869765.htm that's the printhead, looks like it works for all of these,Canon i860, i865, Pixma ip4000, Pixma MP750, Pixma MP780. So the ip4000 has the same print head. YAY, i just ordered a IP4000 the other day, because i get a 7 dollar rebate with my camera i also bought, which means if i screw up the MP780 print head tryign to unclog it or whatever is wrong, i can just use the new one from the ip4000, on the mp780. God, print heads cost double the amount of what i'm going to be paying on this IP4000. Lucky me.