Canon Pixma MP620... in service mode, idle. What next?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Well, if you’re so concerned about the chances of spilled ink, you should discard carpets or wooden floors and stick to nice black tiles.. and also varnish in black the furniture. Formica cleans easily too.
Now a bit more seriously, have you heard of confirmed reports about overflowing accidents ? Maybe if you turn upside the printer and shake it roughly..
The amount of ink needed to saturate the pads depends on so many factors that it seems difficult to evaluate with a minimum of accuracy: printing rate, frequency of cleaning cycles, temperature and humidity of the room... In all likelihood, if I poured at once into the pads of my printer all the ink that went there during the last two-three years, it would overflow badly because the felts take a bit to absorb the ink and also it wouldn’t have had time to evaporate.

Disclaimer :
I’m not liable to pay any percentage of an eventual alimony because someone followed my advices or opinions.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Artur5, I’ve had 3 printers that leaked waste ink on me, so yes it does come out and when you least expect it and it does make a big Feckin mess.:eek:

It doesn’t matter how old or how long you have the printer, the waste ink sits in there like hot lave waiting to explode, it emerges out from the depths of the printer and by then its usually to late to stop it, but you do get a chance to use some choice colourful language...:barnie

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
have you heard of confirmed reports about overflowing accidents ?
As confirmed as is possible on this forum. It's just a suggestion, though Yoda might say it best...

cvrosemont

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma mp620
Y'all are funny. I just got back on this thread and appreciate all your comments (productive as well as chuckle-worthy). I will dive more deeply into all your suggestions. Thanks all and i'll let you know how it goes. ---cvrosemont