Canon pixma MG 6220

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520
Would anyone know where I could find a service manual to a printer like such?
Ive took it apart and now I cant put it back together. I need this because I have little pieces that I'm trying to put back into place and i dont know what order there are suppose to go in.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I tried to search for the Canon MG6220 service manual again but found none, not even a commercial download. But the MG6220 and the MG6120 look very similar, so maybe the MG6120 service manual will be useful? You find one here, Click the button marked "скачать" to download.

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520
Update: I downloaded the mg6120 and it said in small print that this manual does not include the assembly and the disassembly.
The only other thing I would know of to fix my problem is to watch the video and I watched it all the way through and the guy doesn't talk about the gear layout at all.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
manual does not include the assembly and the disassembly.
You asked for the Service Manual. No, there isn't instructions on taking apart the printer. That's why I included the link to the video. I didn't watch it but thought you would see the area of interest, especially in relation to parts around it, and would be able to extrapolate what you needed.

That said, it is quite possible that @PeterBJ has the info you may want in his Service Manual thread and it is the very next post after the Service Manual I linked to. See Post #143 on the Canon 8500.

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ompliments-of-peterbj.5071/page-15#post-69014

Obviously this is not your printer but the first link in that posts has exploding parts diagrams and images. A similar image as your is seen on B-9 and I think elsewhere.

The second link in Peter's post may provide some insight even if the parts are not identical: See pages 1-7 - 1-8, the Lift Transmission Gear and the Carriage Cam Shaft and how they fit together.

Knowing the part names and/or part numbers may lead to the desired information with Google.

Even if the Canon 8500 info is a bust, you may be able to find what you need Googling other Canon models within the MG66xx or even MG6xxx series. Canon doesn't reinvent the entire wheel each new series of models. Maybe a different series line above or below the MG6xxx (MG5xxx or MG8xxx) will locate a useful Service Manual or instructions on disassembly.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The service manual says to look in the separate parts catalog for assembly drawings to help in disassembly and re-assembly. This separate parts catalog is found here.
Also see this post from the druckerchannel.de Canon forum with photos from the disassembly of an MG6150 which is the European version of the MG6120. You can click the photos to enlarge them.

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520
You asked for the Service Manual. No, there isn't instructions on taking apart the printer. That's why I included the link to the video. I didn't watch it but thought you would see the area of interest, especially in relation to parts around it, and would be able to extrapolate what you needed.

That said, it is quite possible that @PeterBJ has the info you may want in his Service Manual thread and it is the very next post after the Service Manual I linked to. See Post #143 on the Canon 8500.

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ompliments-of-peterbj.5071/page-15#post-69014

Obviously this is not your printer but the first link in that posts has exploding parts diagrams and images. A similar image as your is seen on B-9 and I think elsewhere.

The second link in Peter's post may provide some insight even if the parts are not identical: See pages 1-7 - 1-8, the Lift Transmission Gear and the Carriage Cam Shaft and how they fit together.

Knowing the part names and/or part numbers may lead to the desired information with Google.

Even if the Canon 8500 info is a bust, you may be able to find what you need Googling other Canon models within the MG66xx or even MG6xxx series. Canon doesn't reinvent the entire wheel each new series of models. Maybe a different series line above or below the MG6xxx (MG5xxx or MG8xxx) will locate a useful Service Manual or instructions on disassembly.
So which link after the one above?

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520
The service manual says to look in the separate parts catalog for assembly drawings to help in disassembly and re-assembly. This separate parts catalog is found here.
Also see this post from the druckerchannel.de Canon forum with photos from the disassembly of an MG6150 which is the European version of the MG6120. You can click the photos to enlarge them.
This parts catalog is a good match to one I have but I don't know I would translate the second post to I would understand it. I dont spreaken Deutsche btw.