Canon Pixma iX6850 CISS

ergun

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Printer iX6850
Hi, I have a Canon Pixma iX6850.

I am using this printer to print images/pictures but using the genuine canon inks are costly. After some research, I found out CISS for printers.
I am wondering if they are reliable for picture printing and is there any CISS system for Pixma iX6850 and good ink that I can use in my canon printer with CISS?

Thanks for your answers.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, ergun.

is there any CISS system for Pixma iX6850
There may be but RUN AWAY from using a CISS with your Canon. Canon printers do not play well with aftermarket CISS systems. You can get them to work but they will need often supervision and tinkering to function properly.

Look for either aftermarket prefilled cartridges or refill your cartridges and use either a chip resetter or ARC chips to maintain ink level monitoring to save money.

ergun

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Printer iX6850
Welcome to the forum, ergun.

There may be but RUN AWAY from using a CISS with your Canon. Canon printers do not play well with aftermarket CISS systems. You can get them to work but they will need often supervision and tinkering to function properly.

Look for either aftermarket prefilled cartridges or refill your cartridges and use either a chip resetter or ARC chips to maintain ink level monitoring to save money.

Thanks for your answer stratman. Which inks will you recommend for photo printing for my printer?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Post what country you are located. Forum members can then make recommendations.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I live in the UK.
Octoinkjet is located in the UK. The owner is @websnail , a trusted forum member. You can ask him questions via his web site. Link to supplies for your printer here.

There may be others to consider that forum members may recommend.

ergun

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Printer iX6850
Octoinkjet is located in the UK. The owner is @websnail , a trusted forum member. You can ask him questions via his web site. Link to supplies for your printer here.

There may be others to consider that forum members may recommend.

Thanks do you know if Octoinkjet inks are good for photo printing? Would you recomment them for photo priting ?
I would like to have someting close as possible to OEM ink.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
do you know if Octoinkjet inks are good for photo printing?
I cannot speak to your specific printer but member reports on the forum have been complimentary for Octoink inks perceived color fidelity. I would not have suggested them otherwise.

No aftermarket ink is going to be an exact match to OEM ink, Some may be sufficient to your eyes straight out of the bottle while other inks will need tinkering with the printers settings or obtaining an ICC Printer Profile. If you plan on selling prints then use OEM ink because it is fade resistant compared to aftermarket inks. Otherwise, it is all about what is pleasing to your eye.

My recommendation is to buy a small quantity of whatever ink you get to see if it is pleasing to you.

Latest posts