canon MP560, ink issuey

AkkHusky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi
So sorry if this topic has been covered, I did look through a lot of topics before posting and couldn't find my problem.
I have a Canon MP560 printer, problem is everything I'm printing from it has black marks on it, could be random marks, more solid black marks in the bottom coners, I've had the cartridges out, wiped off the little bit of ink that was on them, I've noticed some black ink inside the printer, and wiped it off as best I can and I've tried every cleaning option that the printer offers but still no change. When I had the cartridges out there was no real evidence of any of them leaking. Anybody any ideas?
Thanks
AkkHusky.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know if your printer has the "Clean bottom plate" option in the printer maintenance ? Many Canon printers have this option. If it has, it is worth giving it a try. You will need to check the user manual on how this operation is performed.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
it sounds like one of black the cartridges may have not seated completely and leaked, but the bottom of the print head needs to be wiped off carefully

AkkHusky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yep done those, still getting the problem. just looking into the possibilty of the waste ink tank being full, any body know anything about this?
AkkHusky

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't think the ink absorber is the cause of problems, unless you have cleared an ink absorber full message by resetting the ink absorber counter without changing or cleaning the ink absorber.

Maybe creating a blank document and "printing" this 10 times could clean out the ink? If that doesn't help I'm out of ideas.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
What kind of ink are you using? Sometimes some unscrupulous merchants sell cheapo refills people get suckered into buying cause of price. They end up being dye black where pigment black is needed and these may have a tendency to bleed through the printheads.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've been the victim of that little trick in the past. Luckily I know better now.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
AkkHusky said:
Hi
So sorry if this topic has been covered, I did look through a lot of topics before posting and couldn't find my problem.
I have a Canon MP560 printer, problem is everything I'm printing from it has black marks on it, could be random marks, more solid black marks in the bottom coners, I've had the cartridges out, wiped off the little bit of ink that was on them, I've noticed some black ink inside the printer, and wiped it off as best I can and I've tried every cleaning option that the printer offers but still no change. When I had the cartridges out there was no real evidence of any of them leaking. Anybody any ideas?
Thanks
AkkHusky.
To help with your little black problem can you tell us more about your print setup?
What cartridges, ink you are using and are you refilling your cartridges, top / side
also what are mainly printing paper text / photos..:)

AkkHusky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, yeah the inks are compatables, i don't do the refills, i end up with more ink on me!!!
most of my printing is photos and cards as i make my own birthday, christmas cards etc.
saying that this last batch of replacement ink cartridges I brought were boxed and in sealed bags, which I know
doesn't prove there not refills, but they did look ok.
Out of interest does any know if the printers have a thickness setting for the differant cards and papers, i've not come across this sort of thing before, so just another thought really.
Took the print head out and gave it a gentle wipe over, it too was slightly covered in black ink, since then i've printed off one card, which was pretty good but still had a few tiny flecks of black on it here and there, but an improvement.
AkkHusky

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
AkkHusky said:
Out of interest does any know if the printers have a thickness setting for the differant cards and papers, i've not come across this sort of thing before, so just another thought really.
In Printer settings - Maintenance you will find Custom settings. Select Prevent paper abrasion when printing on thicker paper.