canon MP560, ink issuey

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
AkkHusky said:
Hi, yeah the inks are compatables, i don't do the refills, i end up with more ink on me!!!
most of my printing is photos and cards as i make my own birthday, christmas cards etc.
saying that this last batch of replacement ink cartridges I brought were boxed and in sealed bags, which I know
doesn't prove there not refills, but they did look ok.
Out of interest does any know if the printers have a thickness setting for the differant cards and papers, i've not come across this sort of thing before, so just another thought really.
Took the print head out and gave it a gentle wipe over, it too was slightly covered in black ink, since then i've printed off one card, which was pretty good but still had a few tiny flecks of black on it here and there, but an improvement.
AkkHusky
One reasonable explanation for your ink splashes could be the cartridges that youre using.
They may be putting out more ink than whats needed (overflow) or there could be dye ink in your pigment cartridge.

Also when your print head is in the parked position the cartridges may still be oozing some ink
out over your pads and covering the bottom of your print head with ink.

Why dont you try using OEM cartridges and refilling again, its not as daunting as you may think,
it might even be a better option than having ink splattering all over your cards.

Check out Tudors answer to your problem as he is spot on.. :)