Canon MG5350 from Ebay. How do I test it and best place for ink, UK

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
As subject says I am awaiting a delivery from ebay of a AIO canon mg 5350. What things can I do or test to make sure this printer/scanner works as it should?
Looking at buying inks that are recommended for this printer for refilling. At this stage buying from OctoInkjet, looks a safe bet. Any other choice here in the UK ?
Any help gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Here you will find the latest software for your printer: http://www.canon-europe.com/Support...series/PIXMA_MG5350.aspx?type=download&page=1

You can test the printhead by doing a nozzle check and the scanner by doing a b&w copy, then a color one. You should check out it's functions after reading the instructions.
Octoinkjet is a safe bet. I got all my supplies from octoink (sets of 521/520, 526/525, ink, resetter, clips, needles, plugs) and couldn't be happier.

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
Thanks Tudor for the reply and helpful information. Have only just got this printer tonight but no ink cartridges have been supplied!
So at this stage can't test the system nor install the software. Wish I had just bought brand new!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
oddjob said:
Thanks Tudor for the reply and helpful information. Have only just got this printer tonight but no ink cartridges have been supplied!
So at this stage can't test the system nor install the software. Wish I had just bought brand new!
Now that youve gotten the printer the first thing to do is to soak the print head in 1 of Windex
(window cleaner) Lidl W5 will do till you can get cartridges for it.

A new set will be costly but accentual because youll need the chips later if you intend to refill.

If the answer is yes then get onto octoinkjet.co.uk for your refill supplies like resetter,
SquEasy bottles inks and a set of CLI-521 cartridges plus any advice youll need to get started..:)

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
You don't need to buy a brand new set for the chips. You can buy an empty OEM set of 525/526 from octoinkjet.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Tudor said:
You don't need to buy a brand new set for the chips. You can buy an empty OEM set of 525/526 from octoinkjet.
Sorry Tudor but I wasnt aware that they sold empty 525/526 cartridges also. :hide

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
The Hat Now that youve gotten the printer the first thing to do is to soak the print head in 1 of Windex
(window cleaner) Lidl W5 will do till you can get cartridges for it.

Ahh sorry you have lost me there. Where is the print head and how do I get to it and which part/s need to be soaked?
How do I clean the print head up after it has been soaked.

Sorry for all the questions but a newbie in this. Thanks guys for trying to help.

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
If I have this correct, the print head is where the ink cartridges ( if I had them!) plug into.
Some how get that out then and then I soak it in 1'' of Windex. Is this because there is no ink going into it?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes, There is lever on the carriage, that you unlock in order to pull out the head. DO NOT TOUCH the head nozzle surface.
Since the seller probably had no reason to preserve the condition of the head before unloading it on EBAY, it is reccommended that you soak it NOT submerge it in Ammnia based Windex. Just enough fluid to submerge the bottom surface of the head.

The Hat is A LOT more expert that I in this area so do listen to him!

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
jtoolman said:
Yes, There is lever on the carriage, that you unlock in order to pull out the head. DO NOT TOUCH the head nozzle surface.
Since the seller probably had no reason to preserve the condition of the head before unloading it on EBAY, it is reccommended that you soak it NOT submerge it in Ammnia based Windex. Just enough fluid to submerge the bottom surface of the head.

The Hat is A LOT more expert that I in this area so do listen to him!
Thanks jtoolman, as well as The Hat and Tudor.
Also have only just realized that octoinkjet.co.uk stored in my web browser as Epson ink, is the one and the same place that I have been using! He is more than a safe bet, very helpful and supplies very good quality ink.
I'm off to hunt a lever on this print head.