Canon MG5350 from Ebay. How do I test it and best place for ink, UK

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here is a picture of a typical Canon print head, the lever is on the right Marked 1.
Just lift this lever to remove or inset your print head but never ever leave the lever in the up position for any length of time.

5128_print_head_2.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Hat was quicker than me to post, but here is an instruction for printhead installation in a Canon MP540. It is seen that this locking lever is different, click to enlarge:

In case you didn't get the set-up CD(s) or the paper manual, you can download drivers, software, an on-line manual and guides here: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...A_MG_series/PIXMA_MG5350.aspx?type=faq&page=1

If you are lucky, the printhead has not been installed yet. It will then be packaged in a plastic/aluminum bag and maybe a cardboard box. Sometimes Canon printers are sold at a clearance sale, at a cost lower than the cost for a set of cartridges. The buyer then sells the printer without cartridges at Ebay.

What was the sellers description of the printer?

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
Thanks Guys for the photo and web address.

The printer was classed as " Used in excellent condition" Sorry guys can't seem to make the quote work!

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
that is good advice to soak a printhead that no longer have cartridges in place, but wouldn't you also want to place the solution on top of the screens in the printhead where the exit port of the cartridges sit, as dried ink may cause a problem there also?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
mrelmo said:
that is good advice to soak a printhead that no longer have cartridges in place, but wouldn't you also want to place the solution on top of the screens in the printhead where the exit port of the cartridges sit, as dried ink may cause a problem there also?
Right on, I forgotten to mention that as well because everything little thing does help.
Thanks mrelmo.. :thumbsup

oddjob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson px 710w
mrelmo said:
Thanks mrelmo. I'm learning form this, hopefully so are other newbies like me.