1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Possible Yello Gello Explanation
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Canon MG2550 5B00 error

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Milos Radic, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Mar 11, 2019
    Milos Radic

Milos Radic Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon MG2550
    I just wanted to ask is there any help for my Canon MG2550 printer, this is the story... My neighbour gave me printer to fix it, it flashed alarm light 8 times which means ink absorber full so i cleaned it out thinking it had some sort of sensor that detects level of ink in it but I wery quickly figured it out its not the case. So I tried lots thing that i found online.. like holding power button while plugging it in and nothnig helped. Then i tried that thing with holding resume button and presing 5 times and i think i did it once by accident and second time on puropose so i can use service tool v3400 and it went in to service mode no problem. I pressed set ink absorber to 0 and program crashed so i stupidly plugged power cord out and now it wont go in to service mode (orange light stuck). So i figured out i cant to anything anymore i gave it back to him and said i cant do it. He tried to replace black ink because it was running low and after that it just blinks green and orange light alternatively (7 times) which means error 5B00. It wont print or anything. I found out that if I press resume button 4 times instead of 5 it appears in my PC as "Device" and i can print test patterns and head alignments by holding resume button and waiting for 4 alarm flashes etc.. But when i turn it off after that it wont turn back on i have to plug it out wait few seconds (i guess for capacitors to discharge) and than i can turn it on back again. So i guess is there any help? And also if i hold resume button while pluggign in the power it starts flashing every 2 or 3 seconds and again appears as "Device" on pc but i cant do anythig.

2. Mar 12, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    @Milos Radic, reading through the list of things you have done to the printer is astonishing, put simply the printer didn’t stand a chance and I reckon it is beyond saving.

The ink all most full notice and error was the problem and you should have checked out how to resolve that issue first before doing anything else, the old saying is to measure twice and cut once.

8 flashing lights is a software issue that needed to be tackled first, then the waste ink, but you overloaded the printer with too many parameters, and it responded by locking you out, it now needs to be returned to Canon Service, which is not recommended.. sorry ...:(

3. Mar 12, 2019
    Milos Radic

Milos Radic Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon MG2550
    Oh i know i was really stupid rushing in to it, but for the future what should i do differently

4. Mar 12, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Come here and ask all the questions you want before committing yourself to any action you may want to carry out on your printer, we will never steer you wrong.. ;)