Canon Maxify MB2750 (PGI-1X00) refilling

Feldrod

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MAXIFY MB5150
Hello everybody,
I'm newb in this printer world. I have tiny experience with refilling but only with cartridges for low-cost Canon printers (like PG-545/CL-546 which I refill now)
I'm a student and I want something more archival (so pigments as far as I know are for me) and I'm looking for the best printer for the least money. Maxify MB2750 caught my eye as I print a lot and would use the automatic scanner. But what about refilling? As I said I'm a newb so I read some posts here, checked with Octopus.de etc. and my head is spinning from all of it. I think I saw something about not doing firmware updates. What if I buy a new one with the newest firmware? Would that prevent me from refilling OEM cartridges? (via the Ecofill tool and pigment inks from Octopus)
Also - can I use the original cartridges indefinetly while refilling and using the ink monitor off or do I have to buy new ones every few cycles?
EDIT: Oh and if somebody has this printer. Can it do borderless photo 4x6? I know, pigments aren't for photoprints but I'd really aprecciate that.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
If you're not in a hurry, look into the thread started by forum member @palombian. Take your time,. there's a lot of reading to do. Although it's not specifically about the MB2750, any matter concerning types of ink, refilling, resetting, compatible cartridges, etc. are basically the same for all Maxify models. The only main difference is the model of cartridge (PGI-1X00 series for MB2XXX models and PGI-2X00 for MB5XXX )

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/my-maxify-5350-is-on-refill-ink.11871/