1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: New Light Standard Design... I hope...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Canon ip8750/ip8760/ip8720/ip8740 ink absorber reset

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Okks, May 16, 2019 at 11:07 PM.

1. May 16, 2019 at 11:07 PM
    Okks

Okks Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    Canon IP8750
    Hello,

I just bought this printer and because I want to be ready to operate it to its full potential, I would like to know if anyone here have tried accessing service mode on one of those printers, and resetted its ink absorber's counter using Service Tool (which version should I use to prevent bricking?)

I cannot find anything on this particular model, it seems like nobody has it!

I have found a page stating that Service Tool 5103 support Canon ip8740, which is similar to ip8750 (it's just different depending on your world region).

But how to be sure ?

My goal is to use that printer as designed for some time, and when ink pads will be full, reset it, and install an external ink tank

Thank you

2. May 17, 2019 at 8:31 PM
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    The iP8750 is of the PGI-550/CLI-551 cartridge generation, so version 4720 of the service tool should be able to reset the absorber counter without locking service mode. Don't use service tools version 3600 or older, they will lock service mode.

I have locked service mode on an MG5550 by using version 3400 and successfully resat the absorber counter on an MG5450S and successfully printed EEPROM and test pages from an iP7250 using version 4720 without causing lock of service mode. These three printers are all of the PGI-550/CLI-551 cartridge generation.

You don't need to buy service tool version 4720, see this post for a free download and notice possible virus warning. It seems the same warning applies to versions of the service tool bought from Ebay.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 8:38 PM
    The Hat likes this.