MG7550 error 6000

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
Does anyone know where to look for the reason for error 6000 when no paper is stuck anywhere?
Rightside (seen from front) lookes like this.
rightsides.png

Leftside look like this
Leftsides.png

The printer have had its first error 1700, but is zeroed.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Hugorm, Try gently cleaning both sides of the Line Feed disk (Left Side) shown in the second photo, it may have picked up some dirt, grit or ink splashes, a bit of W5 window cleaner is all that’s needed, (Error6000)...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
There might be more reasons for the Error 6000. A service manual for the MG7550 is nowhere to be found but maybe this clip from the MG8120 service manual also applies to your printer. Click to enlarge:

MG8120 Error 6000.jpg

I haven't heard of an Error 200, but Error B200 usually means print head kaput. It can sometimes go away temporarily, but will usually come back after some days. Here is another clip from the MG8120 service manual, click to enlarge:

MG8120 Error B200.jpg

For cleaning timing strips and disks and print heads, I think the best window cleaner for printer cleaning available in Denmark is the classic "Ajax" window cleaner in the white cylindrical spray bottle with blue and red print:

Ajax vinduesvask.jpg

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sorry my mistake!
Not error 200 but error 1700.
When opening the printer I saw that it is really soaking in the bottom.
I'll try to clean the wheel although I do'nt see any durt.

Disk cleaned - no change.
I notice it sounds like something is blocked during start-up after turning on.
The printhead is blocked (unable to move) even when power off.
Is there any way I can release the printhead?

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry my mistake!
Now that you have come up with the correct error code, it makes it much easier to give you the correct answer, unfortunately your Ink absorbers are full and your going to need a Service Tool to reset them, and only @PeterBJ knows if that is possible with your model printer...

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have already made a reset to the counter round 3000 A4-pages ago.
Last count is between 14551-14600,
Now I'm struggling with error6000 and a blocked carriage. (I can't move it even with power off)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
reason for error 6000
Depending on your ability to dissemble or visualize inside the printer may or may not mean there is not a piece of paper stuck. However, Error 6000 can be cause by other issues than a piece of paper stuck.

Google "lf/ej slit film" for description of causes and potential fixes.

Googling "canon mg7550 error 6000" brought me to the following interesting video that may both help you to unlock your print head (turning the white cog wheel) and find the offending stuck paper.

error 1700.
When opening the printer I saw that it is really soaking in the bottom.
Interestingly I found your entries here on resetting your waste ink counter from October 2018. Seems you successfully reset the counter but are now experiencing waste ink overflow. If so and did not clean the waste in pads in October then it appears you are now experiencing waste ink spillage. :idunno Clean the pads and reset the waste ink counter or place the printer on a shallow pan to catch any ink if/when it overflows outside the printer.

I'd first clear the Error 6000 before tackling the ink spillage. Otherwise, if the Error 6000 persists then it is time for a new printer. If you are printing high volume then consider a Maxify - not the best for image reproduction but a rock solid higher duty printer that uses all pigment inks and is refillable.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
For unlocking the print head carriage see this instruction from druckerchannel.de. It is about the iP7250. I think the MG7550 could be mechanically similar to an iP7250 with a scanner attached. The unlocking procedure for this printer is pressing down a latch in stead of turning a cogwheel as shown in the video. I don't know what model printer was shown in the video but it looks to be an office model with fax and adf scanner. Maybe one of the methods will work for your printer?

I guess you used version 4720 of the service tool for reset of the absorbers? This version seems to work with printers of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridge generation without causing lock up of service mode. I don't know if it also can be used on newer printers?

A functional version 4720 of the service tool can be downloaded from this Russian site from the first post by "KAT". Many antivirus programs don't like this service tool and want to delete or quarantine it. My solution to this problem is to run it on a laptop with the harddisk replaced with one without antivirus installed and no internet connection in use.

Last edited:

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have watched the instruction for IP7250.
As you can seen I can't find anything to press down.
Rightm.png

(The reset I made by version ST5204.)
I understand a new printer is close.
But my stubbornness demands I find the reason

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The image is on the page from druckerchannel.de I linked to. Scroll down to "Druckkopfverriegelung lösen" ="Release print head latch". You can click the photo marked "Druckkopfverrigelung" to enlarge it.

If your printer is different from the iP7200 and doesn't have the latch, then the method from the videowith turning the white cog wheel hopefully will work.

Did the version 5204 of the service tool need an exception in your antivirus program to avoid quarantining/deletion? Can you tell more about the service tool, like does it need installing and do you receive a download link and a key for install when purchasing it?

Could you please post your experiences with buying and using this service tool?

Last edited: