Canon Ip4700

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
...I have the program now, and I have done the service mode thing. The next step is to get the UK drivers for it...

Good!

As you are already able to do CD printing with the MP530, it should only be necessary to download the driver for the iP4700. No further programs should be necessary. As the MP530 is working perfectly do not delete this printer, only delete the iP4700.

When installing the ip4700 driver, do not connect the printer to the computer before told to do so by the driver install program. Else Windows Update will detect the printer and start another download and install and mess up things.

After running the driver install program, a restart might be necessary, before you are told to connect and turn on the printer, so the driver install will be completed.

After completing the iP4700 printer driver install, you should now be able to start the CD label print program and have the ability to choose between the two printers for CD printing.

Last edited:

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi All

Now what Tudor said to do in Post # 26 if I delete all the software for the ip4700, when I go to the service tool it does not see the ip4700. And when I go into devices and printers it is gone there too. Up top of the service tool box where the printer port is it says none too. So if it don't see the printer the service tool does not too and no setting the UK item.

Thanx....Gunny

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I guess that the region is now set to EUR for the iP4700 and that the printer is deleted? Next step is now to install the downloaded European printer driver from Canon UK website. The printer will not show up in "devices and printers" or what it is called in a US/UK Windows, before the driver is installed, and the service tools only work with printers that are already installed, so this is normal.

I might have overlooked one thing. The CD label print software might only work with older printers of the PGI_5/CLI-8 generation, so to do CD printing with the iP4700, you might have to download the Easy PhotoPrint EX software: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...x?DLtcmuri=tcm:14-852991&page=1&type=download .

If after the install of the new UK driver and the Easy PhotoPrint program, CD print is still not possible, then you could try to download this printer add on module which adds functionality to the printer driver. This module is necessary for some printer drivers supplied by Windows update, else CD print doesn't work: aomwin110ea23.exe download here: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...x?DLtcmuri=tcm:14-729895&page=1&type=download . I'm using Win 8.1 64 bits, and I installed all my canon printers using plug and play installation, plus I installed the add on module and CD Label print, after this my Pixmas iP 4000, 4200, 5200 and 6600D were able to do CD printing. But these printers are older than your iP 4700, so you might not need the add on module.

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

Ok I downloaded Canon my printer and easy photo from the UK site. When I go into Devices and printers the ip4700 is in a heading called unspecified with a yellow exclamation mark. I have never seen anything in that heading. I still have not turned on the printer or have been asked to.

Thanx....Gunny

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Canon my printer is not the printer driver, but an extra program, that is unnecessary in my opinion. The proper driver is this: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...x?DLtcmuri=tcm:14-986975&page=2&type=download

So try to download and install this printer driver, and see if the printer will show up in devices and printers. It might be a good idea to uninstall "Canon my printer" and "Easy Photo Print" before installing the printer driver, as I think the extra programs are depending on the printer driver. After the printer is correctly installed you can install Easy Photo Print again and My printer if you if you also want My Printer.

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Pete

Ok we are almost there. I went to the UK site a downloaded the CD lable download. Ok when I insert the tray it pulls it in and then shoots it right out and the amber light flashes and says to close the little door like it wants to print something on paper. What I do like I did with the MP530 is right click on a picture I have in my folder on my desktop, and it asks me what program/device I want to do the CD printing with and it says it is the ip4700 printer so I click print 2 times and then it draws the disc in and then shoots it right out.

We are so close to getting this to work finally. One thing when I downloaded the CD print it did not install like the driver did.

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Pete

Ok I got the right drivers installed I think it at least is accepting the tray but it takes it in and it comes back out and says to insert a printable disc, I have tried 2 diff disc's still says the same thing. Any ideas. ?

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
HI All

Well I thought we finally had it beat. Looks to me like something inside the printer is not working being it does not see the disk. I don't think it could be any program that is at fault, but as I have learned anything is possible with computers, etc. So if you have any wild ideas let me know.

Thanx....Gunny

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
On my MG5350 in Easy Photo Print when I hit "Print" the inner cd door must be closed:

CD_printing1.png <--- click to enlarge

I open it and insert the tray with the cd in it only after the printer instructs me to:

CD_printing2.png <--- click to enlarge