Canon Ip4700

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi All

I understand I am supposed to get this service mode tool version 1.050 off the Internet, can some one suggest a safe site to get it from.

Thanx....Gunny

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
@Gunny , why don't you read this thread again? All the information has been given to you multiple times, all you have to do is read it!...

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Tudor

I just guess I am not seeing and understanding. But no one is telling me where this service tool is, do I download it or is it supposed to show up on my computer when I am in the devices and printer section.

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi... Hey I am sorry if I am just not understanding this, I am not a dummy I can understand most things if they are explained to me, answer me one thing where is this service tool.? Is it just my imagination that I don't see any service tool on my computer. I have tried holding the buttons several times and I have read several times all of your instructions, but I still am missing something in your explanations.

Thanx....Gunny

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro-100, E2000p, LexMark
Hi... Hey I am sorry if I am just not understanding this, I am not a dummy I can understand most things if they are explained to me, answer me one thing where is this service tool.? Is it just my imagination that I don't see any service tool on my computer. I have tried holding the buttons several times and I have read several times all of your instructions, but I still am missing something in your explanations.

Thanx....Gunny
The service tool is wherever you placed it when you downloaded it. You did DL it? If not see message 19, paragraph 1, sentence 1. Also see message 12, paragraph 1, sentence 1. Need any more clarification? Reread and comprehend all messages. Then, if needed, post another message. Someone may then take pitty (s.p.) on you and respond.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Download link/guide for Service tool v3400: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-service-tool-v2000.6615/#post-49791

Download UK drivers/software from here: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...ters/InkJet/PIXMA_iP_series/PIXMA_iP4700.aspx Select "Software", your operating system, language and click "Search".

1. Turn off your printer;
2. Uninstall your current drivers/software for the ip4700;
3. Put the printer in Service Mode;
4. Start the Service Tool v3400 software, change the region to EU and click SET;
5. Turn off the printer;
6. Close the Service Tool;
7. Install the UK software/drivers.
8. Start the printer.

Last edited:

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Lowell374

First off I might not be as smart as you about printers, but I just bet I could throw you some things about repairing cars that you would never in a million years understand. And your pity you know what you can do with that. I did not get on this forum for pity, I came here to learn too bad you can't see that, and find a way to explain it so I could understand it. I just might need to post another one but you can be sure it won't be in your direction.

Gunny

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Someone may then take pitty (s.p.) on you and respond.
You were doing fine up until this point. Gunny is new to this stuff, has some operational confusion, and was asking questions in a respectful manner. Redirecting him to previous posts is cool but let's reserve pity for owner @Nifty who graciously provides this forum and and puts up with all of us.

Gunny --- keep your powder dry. You're doing fine. Looks like Tudor provided a great synopsis for you. You will be up and printing in no time.

For the old people and the children! :hugs

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi Gunny

Maybe this Youtube video by Druckerchannel.de about entering service mode on a Canon iP4600/4700 will make entering service mode easier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6km3b8QO0w . The video is in German, but I will try to explain the steps:

0:00-0:19 This shows the printer's behaviour when the ink absorber is full. This is not relevant here.
0:19-0:25 Switching off the printer. Not relevant here.
0:25-0:38 Press and hold the stop/resume button and press and hold the power button. The green power light will now come on. Hold both buttons for 5 seconds.
0.38-0:48: While still holding the power button, release the stop/resume button and press and release the stop/resume button twice. The yellow/orange alarm light will come and the green power light will go out, first time the stop/resume button is pressed. Second time the stop/resume button is pressed the the yellow alarm light will go out and the green power light come on.
0:48-1:04: Now release the power button. The power light will start blinking in green for some seconds. When the power light lights steadily in green, the printer has entered service mode.

This printer has no LCD screen so info on how entering service mode progresses is gotten from the power and alarm lights on the printer. I hope this helps.

If anybody finds a similar video in English, please post a link.

Last edited:

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
HI Pete

Sorry about the little interruption there, my apology. I might not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but that does not mean I will not catch on sooner or later. My misunderstanding was when I did the button pushing that this service tool was supposed to pop up some how. I have the program now, and I have done the service mode thing. The next step is to get the UK drivers for it.

One question here I have a Canon MP530 printer installed on this computer previously, it is disconnected now but the software is still installed. I set that printer up to do the CD's and it worked great. Now should I uninstall all the software belonging to the MP530, before I set this other printer up. The reason I ask this is because I have seen other installs interfere with new installs. When I click on devices and printers that printer still shows up. but the ip4700 is shown as the default printer. And when I go to install the drivers at the UK site should I install the one main driver and then the CD driver, or all of them that pertain to this printer. Reason for asking is some the drivers look like they need to be used if you are going to print on CD's.

I do a lot of CD printing for my self and my buddies that pertain to woodworking, and I find some nice back ground scenes that go nice with them.

Thanx....Gunny