Canon iP4500.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
pharmacist said:
Don't forget to keep your empty PGI-5 cartridges in a tightly sealed box (likewise Tupper or similar) to keep your cartridges moist until you refill them.
Thank you for the tip. I learned about dessication the difficult way.

I had some older empty PGI-5 cartridges, ? couple months old ?, and did not purge before refilling. Ink flow stopped soon and had to do numerous cleanings and prints before pigmnet black printing returned to normal.

Since then I've just used OEM PGI-5. Have enough ink to refill and try again but now I have a few new OEM to use before trying again. Still refill the CLI-8 without problems.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
SpartanWarrior said:
on30trainman said:
SpartanWarrior,
As far as inks go - I know that several members of this forum, who are in Europe, have been able to buy from Hobbicolors here in the US and have gotten very reasonable deliveries. I have been using Hobbicolor inks for a few years now and have been pleased. There should be other sources of inks from Europe also.

Steve W.
Thanks i was on there ebay page and i couldn't find the link to the ip4500 ink, do they also sell empty cartridges to fill, if not how do i put a hole in my cartridges? also you know a good source for good quality paper? thanks again.
You need to go to www.ebay.com & search for Hobbicolors (not Hobbicolours as in UK). I always use Hobbicolors which is still the best value,IMO, even if the exchange rate is rubbish right now. However make sure your order is less than 18 ex delivery as you could hit with import VAT & a PO charge of 8.

If you want empty cartridges you're better of buying Canon OEMs from EBAY.

IMO the German refilling method is the easiest & best but you'll need at least 2" long needles. Do a search for lots of info on these subjects