Canon IP3000 and Bulkinkjetcarts - Colorcast question

Muad Dib

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just recently installed BJC carts (cyan, magenta and yellow) on my Canon IP3000.

Printing on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy the prints have a blue/aqua cast to them.

As I want to print straight from assorted applications (Picasa, etc) how should I go about manually adjusting the printers color settings?

I have read JV's extensive analysis of BJC carts and have searched but am still unsure of the correct approach in my specific circumstance.

Should I:

a) Decrease selected color settings (which ones , how much)

or

b) Increase selected color settings (again which ones, how much)

or

c) Use ICM profile setting in printer-manual color adjustment (which one)

I know it will be trial and error and that I'm new to this but some pointers on the correct path/method would help greatly.

Thanks

Muad Dib

Muad Dib

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
JV,

Thanks for the road map to profiling. I was getting lost in the number of posts on the subject.

I will tackle this new territory (new for me!) when I have time to approach it methodically.

Muad Dib

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To Maud Dib,

If you are unhappy with color casts you are getting with your bulkinkjetcarts,
you might also consider using or trying different photopapers----as numerous posts on these forums suggest that the photopaper is as important as the ink in terms of color balance.

You might also call the vendor and see what photopapers or printer settings they recommend.-----might beat the cost of a custom profile and make your eyeball happier at the same time.----the less methodical approach just might be enough
to make you a happy camper.