Canon 9500 MK II

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You’ve really got a good machine there, so I reckon you should now use it as much as you can, because that’s the best way of keeping it in perfect running order...
Congratulations on a great find...:celebrate

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
What is with the "GY" 2 bars? It looks to have a green tint?

The vertical bars are made by mixing some of the colours to produce a neutral grey. Even with Canon OEM inks all the bars are not always perfectly neutral grey. Look carefully and you will notice more colour casts in the vertical bars, like blue in "G" and brownish in "PC" and "PM". I think this is perfectly normal and your printer is OK. Here is a nozzle check from an MP970 with OEM inks, click to enlarge:
MP970-2 nozzle check.jpg
Notice the green cast in the vertical bars for C-C-M-M-Y and much more neutral grey in the vertical bars for PC-PC-PM-PM and a brownish cast in the bars for BK.

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
You’ve really got a good machine there, so I reckon you should now use it as much as you can, because that’s the best way of keeping it in perfect running order...

I plan on using it. :) I was reading a thread the other day concerning the use of Chroma Optimizer and the 9500. Now that I know that these printers can be acquired rather inexpensively, I'm considering getting a dedicated printer just for applying the Chroma Optimizer.

This forum really has me hooked now!

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-17_8-46-50.png
    upload_2017-12-17_8-46-50.png
    827.8 KB · Views: 292

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
The vertical bars are made by mixing some of the colours to produce a neutral grey. Even with Canon OEM inks all the bars are not always perfectly neutral grey. Look carefully and you will notice more colour casts in the vertical bars, like blue in "G" and brownish in "PC" and "PM". I think this is perfectly normal and your printer is OK.

This is really GREAT news.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
This is really GREAT news.

There is indeed a green tone and border, but not more than for other colours.
This is not the "lateral displacement" you can see sometimes with Canon dye printers, the nozzle check looks perfect.

Sorry for the panic and congrats with the great deal.

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
There is indeed a green tone and border, but not more than for other colours.
This is not the "lateral displacement" you can see sometimes with Canon dye printers, the nozzle check looks perfect.

Sorry for the panic and congrats with the great deal.

These are all learning experiences, and when something is happening with "your" printer, the lesson is doubly learned.

Thanks for everyone's help!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm considering getting a dedicated printer just for applying the Chroma Optimizer.
When you get a set of carts empty then you can rinse them out with plain old water and then finish them off with a couple of ml of pharmacists’ solution, then fill them with Chroma Optimizer.

Now you can do the same with the print head , but letting it dry thoroughly before use, and you will have your very own dedicated Glop printer, and it can go months without doing a single print.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
When you get a set of carts empty then you can rinse them out with plain old water and then finish them off with a couple of ml of pharmacists’ solution, then fill them with Chroma Optimizer.

Now you can do the same with the print head , but letting it dry thoroughly before use, and you will have your very own dedicated Glop printer, and it can go months without doing a single print.

I did this, but (un)fortunatily the actual inks from Precision Colors have so little gloss differences that the printer is seldom used.
Agree that GO does not clog.

Stock it, sooner or later you will need to replace your actual printhead.

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
I've been nosing around looking for a second Canon Pro 9500 Mark II and I found one. The issue with this printer is the length of time since its last print job... 7 years! How long can you let a print head just sit there with the cartridges installed and still have a reasonable expectation on saving it through various cleaning techniques?