can I re-enable ink out warning to return printer

algae

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Trying out a new printer and not satisfied got permission to return for refund. Problem: in testing printer I was on my last test print and got an ink out warning, void warranty and so forth...so figured no harm would be done to printer if I bypassed warning and printed one more 8 1/2 x 11 print. Printed okay. Can I reset the warning to function again as the tank is not transparent and how would you tell if it were out of ink, and also when printer is returned will they see this and not take it back?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If the tank is not transparent, then you must not have one of the Canon printers that use chipped cartridges.

I think your best bet is to just follow your original instructions and follow through with the return. If you're talking about a store, most of them will simply take it back, especially if it is in the first month, even if there is nothing wrong with it. But if they ask, just be honest and explain what happened. Most reasonable people will appreciate a consistent account of what happened and react accordingly.

algae

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
It is a canon pigment printer, they do not have clear cartridges, which is rather disappointing.

virginia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pro9500 pigment ink. solid black cartridges.