Calendar for the Year 2016

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Here is a contribution from my daughter (lives in Switzerland). It shows an image of the Matterhorn, taken while walking in the Alps, more the meadows than the mountains!

It shows the east and northern faces and the ridge between, which is the favored route to the top. Many lives have been lost over the years, in attempts on the peak.

Matterhorn.JPG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Come on guys stick in a few of your photos because without them, this will make a very poor 2016 Calendar idea.. :hu

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
OK It’s 11 weeks to Christmas and the goose is not getting fat enough, so we need another half dozen photos if were going to get our first Nifty Calendar out for the new year. :th

I reckon the spider just might have frighten everyone away, if not then just press on the shutter button and get uploading it’s that easy ! ! :)
PLEASE.... :old
P.S. I’ll definitely have to ask @websnail for his kind permission to have his proud new arrival "Evelyn" on the first page !

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
P.S. I’ll definitely have to ask @websnail for his kind permission to have his proud new arrival "Evelyn" on the first page !
There's a much better one of her and her brother... A better resolution version would be a smart move though if it's for print... Can't have those JPG artefacts ruining perfection now can we?!! ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Now that's what you’d call real craftsmanship, just consider what they used for tools and scaffolding.
@Emulator, I reckon you got the lighting just right in this shot..:thumbsup

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Now that's what you’d call real craftsmanship, just consider what they used for tools and scaffolding.
@Emulator, I reckon you got the lighting just right in this shot..:thumbsup

They are massive beams. The weight of the tiles is estimated to be about 100 tons. In the early 1300 hundreds there was an excess of labour available and it was low cost. Mid century the plague hit Europe and the whole picture changed.

There are four doorways, like the one in the centre of the image and along with the window vents, there was sufficient light to illuminate the beams without using any other source of light. It resulted in the opening spaces being burnt out, but that doesn't matter!!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Answering the call for pictures but not what I'd submit if I had more free time right now. First is a flatbed scan of a b/w plus x neg of my daughter at age 6 (now age 49) ready for her little dance class. A quick grab shot in our hallway.

steph_tutu.jpg

Next is her daughter, my granddaughter, at age 9 in her school play - poor stage lighting so the ISO was quite high.

IMG_1772 copy2.jpg

Now a few b/w plus x shots on the San Francisco docks. Generally locked and guarded, but I knew Harry Bridges, the infamous man who led the longshoremen strikes on the SF waterfront for improved working conditions and pay many years ago. He got me a pass to wander and shoot some pix. I was looking for b/w texture.

waterfront1.jpg waterfront2.jpg

If I have a chance I'll dig back into my old pix of travels for what I enjoy most - people pix.

Last edited: