Calendar for the Year 2016

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
We could accumulate images here for the 12 months selection of next year's calendar, even if we don't print it formally, we can display it on PrinterKnowledge and let individuals select and print it for themselves, assuming that is possible with a calendar application, on the website.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
We could accumulate images here for the 12 months selection of next year's calendar, even if we don't print it formally, we can display it on PrinterKnowledge and let individuals select and print it for themselves, assuming that is possible with a calendar application, on the website.

Sounds like a good idea.

Any guidelines such as format, size of submitted images, subject or range of subject to be submitted or permitted, copyright issues, who makes final selection and based on what criteria, etc, etc.

rs

Later edit: What to our moderators think - this is after all a printer forum?

We could of course design it in a printer friendly format so that members could download and print the final product - any volunteers for editing?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OK guys I will support your project as much as possible and lend a hand also, but we are not getting as many photos for the POW as we would like so if you can drag enough prints out of our members to make this calendar then that will be half the battle, we could then rope in the help of @Support. :hugs
To be continued… :caf

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Doesn't look too promising. Strange isn't, people pay a lot of money for their own website to display their images and yet when there is a large audience at hand and it's free there are few takers!

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Doesn't look too promising. Strange isn't, people pay a lot of money for their own website to display their images and yet when there is a large audience at hand and it's free there are few takers!

Well the start is simple enough. Assuming A4/letter size pages and one image per month. Our first call is for 12 suitable images.

Image requirements:

Subject - Suitable subject for calendar. With technical quality, artistic merit and themes to support and showcase the international diversity of PK would be preferred.

JPG images in sRGB colour space at least 4400 pixels on long dimension.

All proprietary ownership rights will remain with original owner.This project is for a one time reproduction. (May need to clean this wording up)

Once we have 12 or more images selection and design can commence.

Gentlemen(implied) and ladies. Submit your images:

I will start the ball rolling - with some images I have submitted in other forums:

Attachments

• Three oystermen tending beds.jpg
    Three oystermen tending beds.jpg
    902.9 KB · Views: 573
  • Osprey in nest protesting photographers presence.jpg
    Osprey in nest protesting photographers presence.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 448
  • Two Sandpipers Reflected in Morning Surf.jpg
    Two Sandpipers Reflected in Morning Surf.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 591

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Well Roy that’s a start and yes your right it only takes twelve reasonable photos to make up a decent calendar, we can include a description (Title) of each photo and owners name too.

The layout of the calendar would be straight forwards enough whether it be portrait or landscape won’t make any difference and it could be down loaded as a PDF and printed out on paper or board, the copyright shall remain with the owners of course.

We can have photos of anything at all like cartridges, purge units printers, birds, bee cows, dogs, cats and spiders if they’ll pose, and no one is excluded from submitting any of their photos, that includes @Nifty too.

P.S it would be desirable to get permission from the spider first that includes selfies before we're allowed to use them..

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Well the start is simple enough. Assuming A4/letter size pages and one image per month. Our first call is for 12 suitable images......................

A very nice set of three images. What was the lens and range on the Osprey, or was it protesting at you?:)

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
A very nice set of three images. What was the lens and range on the Osprey, or was it protesting at you?:)

Hi Emulator,

EXIF info below - was shot a year ago give or take a couple of days. I spend September in an Atlantic coastal area.
Had stumbled on the nest about three years ago, but unfortunately this year seemed abandoned. Still saves me getting eaten by mosquitos while I stale it out.

It is about 30-50 feet up so I am guessing lens to image maybe 70 or so feet. Unfortunately the steep angle gives very poor perspective and angle. Now if only I was 30 feet tall would have been a better shot. This bird was aware of my presence and becoming very agitated with me slowly advancing towards the nest. Its mate was circling at a distance and I was hoping it would land. Unfortunately no such luck, and a few seconds after this shot it took off. Such are the joys....

Lens was the Canon EF 100-400mm Mark 1. - An old design but very sharp and robust.

Filename - Osprey in nest protesting photographers presence.jpg
ImageWidth - 1080
ImageLength - 767
BitsPerSample - 8 8 8
PhotometricInterpretation - 2
Make - Canon
Model - Canon EOS 7D
Orientation - Top left
SamplesPerPixel - 3
XResolution - 200.00
YResolution - 200.00
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
DateTime - 2014:09:14 20:24:41
Artist - Roy Sletcher (613)226-2997
Copyright - sletcher@sympatico.ca
ExifOffset - 356
ExposureTime - 1/1000 seconds
FNumber - 8
ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
ISOSpeedRatings - 800
ExifVersion - 0230
DateTimeOriginal - 2014:09:12 17:40:23
DateTimeDigitized - 2014:09:12 17:40:23
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/1000 seconds
ApertureValue - F 8.00
ExposureBiasValue - 0
MaxApertureValue - F 5.66
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
Flash - Flash not fired, compulsory flash mode
FocalLength - 400 mm
SubsecTime - 56
SubsecTimeOriginal - 56
SubsecTimeDigitized - 56
ColorSpace - sRGB
ExifImageWidth - 1080
ExifImageHeight - 767
FocalPlaneXResolution - 5715.55
FocalPlaneYResolution - 5808.40
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit - Inch
CustomRendered - Normal process
ExposureMode - Auto
White Balance - Auto
SceneCaptureType - Standard

Thumbnail: -
Compression - 6 (JPG)
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
JpegIFOffset - 1026
JpegIFByteCount - 5557

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
The moon-earth eclipse last night (28th September 2015) was visible in the UK, so here are two images. One early on, before the red light refraction became apparent and one at about maximum (about 3am). The light levels of the two images are very different and adjusted to produce the final images. Not as clear and sharp as I would have liked, but you don't get much practice. The next similar event will be in 2033.

Moom Eclipse Start.jpg

Red Moon.jpg

Last edited:

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The moon-earth eclipse last night was visible in the UK, so here are two images. One early on, before the red light refraction became apparent and one at about maximum (about 3am). The light levels of the two images are very different and adjusted to produce the final images. Not as clear and sharp as I would have liked, but you don't get much practice. The next similar event will be in 2033.

View attachment 3371

View attachment 3372
That red moon picture is out of this world! (pun intended)