Buying New Printhead ????

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Suppose this guy is more honest than others and sells only 100% working second hand printheads as new.
That would be one helluva setup he has to ensure the various print heads ALL work. He must have more printers than @The Hat to be able to test the various print heads. Then he has to clean and package each one in its counterfeit packaging. On top of that, he must be the luckiest guy since not a single complaint of a sold Canon print head failure occurred in the past year.

I am not endorsing the seller or the print head for sale. However, there would be a lot of planets that needed to align for all this to occur without a hitch IF these were refurbished print heads. And, who's to say that all the print heads sold previously weren't new and the one you buy today isn't. It is a crap shoot. :idunno

Caveat emptor.

kolvin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP x576dw/X451dw/x551dw/x476dw

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
AFAIK all print heads for Canon sold on Ebay are OEM, I think no copies/compatibles exist. But some of the print heads are not new but used and maybe also defective. They have been cleaned to look like new and are packaged in counterfeit foil bags and cardboard boxes.

Please report the results when you have installed the print head.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Will let you all know how I get on with it
According to @kolvin web page it’s a MoYang Brand original print head, Compatible with the Canon QY6-0083 printhead used in IP8750 and is not an OEM head.

These could be a whole new ball game if it worked, and maybe @Flying Scotsman might consider it next time..:hu

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Here is the update on the printhead.

I am sad to report that the Cyan showed a poor nozzle check and after cleaning, it improved but was not 100%.

Attachments

• nozzle check.jpg
    nozzle check.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 269