1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: The Epson RPM quality option - does it offer a benefit ?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Buying New Printhead ????

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Flying Scotsman, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jun 23, 2018
    Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Printing Ninja

Printer Model:
    canon ip8750
    Hi

It looks like i need a new printhead for my Canon IP8750

Has anyone bought a new head from Ebay the prices are good and the company has 99% good feedback they are listing the heads as new and genuine.

2. Jun 23, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Link?

3. Jun 24, 2018
    Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Printing Ninja

Printer Model:
    canon ip8750
  4. Jun 24, 2018
    stratman

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Chinese Chicken.jpg

Out of China. Could be new OEM or not :idunno Feedback with no complaints about Canon print heads for past year. :thumbsup

If I were to buy it would be through PayPal with a credit card to maximize recourse against fraud. eBay, PayPal and my credit card all have ways to seek refunds or replacements for broken or misleading items here in America. Not sure what your protections are in Scotland.

5. Jun 24, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Run, don’t walk away from this print head, its a very high probably that it will be a Lemon, so if you can’t get one from an Official stockist then its time to lay the printer to rest sadly, RIP... :(

6. Jun 24, 2018
    stratman

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Except that those that bought this print head have left positive feedback this past month, and there is no negative feedback on any Canon print head sold in the past 12 months.

However, the price is quite reasonable which too often is a tip off that you are dealing with a dubious print head. Too good to be true?

After a little more digging, it seems that the seller is located in China despite "UK" being in his online name. What importance this might make is left to you to decide.

Chinese Chicken 2.jpg

Yes, it is a gamble, but a seemingly decent gamble based on the seller's feedback on this specific print head (and other Canon print heads) and with the protections I outlined above. There are always risks so be prepared for a loss just in case.

7. Jun 24, 2018
    Artur5

Artur5 Fan of Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon ip3000 Canon pro10s
    I once bought from the Ebay vendor below and I recommend it. At least in my case, it was a perfectly genuine and new Canon printhead. Not cheap, of course.

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Original-Ca...7440-ip8750-/121600854651?hash=item1c4ff9ca7b

eParts from France has also a good reputation, but I never purchased anything from them.

http://www.eparts.fr/eparts/web/shop/web.aspx?PageID=991

Although price seems lower than the other, you must add the VAT on top so, in the end, cost is similar to the Ebay seller.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    PeterBJ and The Hat like this.
  8. Jun 25, 2018
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    For UK residents here is a better offer at £60 from a regular dealer of Canon parts. Sadly they don't ship outside UK.

I wonder how a Chinese supplier can offer a new OEM print head for less than half that price? I know that Canon's region system allows different pricing in different markets, but more than 50% cheaper? I think something might not be quite true.

Also see this thread

The Hat likes this.
  9. Jun 25, 2018
    ThrillaMozilla

ThrillaMozilla Printer Master

I've wondered about this too. I have one of those cheap heads for HP that I am keeping as a spare part. (I don't remember where it came from.) The packaging appears to be genuine, but I may never know until I need it.

10. Jun 26, 2018
    palombian

palombian Print Addict

Printer Model:
    Pro9500II, MAXIFY MB5350

Suppose this guy is more honest than others and sells only 100% working second hand printheads as new.
    Same as you and I only buy a second hand printer with a perfect nozzle check.

This does not mean the printhead has no traces of use and could fail soon.
    As happens often with these "Canon dye ink consumer printers from cartridge 520/521 and later".
    No Canon printhead has eternal life, but those definitely have a built-in life expectancy.