BulkInkJetCarts

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Vin787,

I have been reading most of the forums and I no one has reported using BIJC on the IP5000. You could call Scott 1-888-259-3827 at BIJC.

All of the non OEM cartridges require color adjustments to get the best colors.

See www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=192&p=3 Post #23 for comparison of the cartridges and printers I have tested. The summary table describes the color adjustments used. You could first try the printer settings used for Print ID 11. If you have Photoshop you could try settings similar to Print ID 07.

For best results you could try Grandad35 printer profiles for the i9900 printer.

JV

quasarsky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi this is for JV. I got a question. I just got a new canon i960 and after printing about 6 full pages of photographs on photo gloss paper, and some text pages, my cyan tank is 1/4 empty. now the sponge looks sorta dry but the ink chamber is totally full. is that normal or do i have to puncture the canon cartidge somehow to let teh ink from the tank drain to the sponge? i was reading about what u did but my tanks are oem canon ones, not canon compatible, but i did buy some from bulkinkjetcarts.com :). i hope u have some advice. i need it! lol :)

well others have posted about puncturing holes. can we get some pics posted? I don't want to ruin the cartidge :-D lol

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Quasarsky - The BCI-6 cartridges have two different density sponges in the sponge area. The top section of sponge takes on a pale look very quickly. That is the first area to give up ink when printing with a new cart. Just be sure that you pulled the section of tape off as instructed.

When refilling the OEM carts the top section of the sponge doesn't seem to take up ink as well as the bottom section. This tendancy gets more pronounced as the cart is refilled several times. I just purged the set of OEM carts that came with my i960 printer. I've been refilling them for over a year and alternating them with other carts. After purging, both sections of sponge take up ink extremely well.

The short answer is - what you are seeing is normal. DO NOT puncture holes or alter the cart in any way. OEM carts are excellent for refilling. I've used the screw/o-ring technique that you will find in the "sealing the fill hole" thread. Just use a hot paper clip wire to melt a hole between the factory fill hole and the end of the cart over the ink reservoir and insert the stainless steel sheet metal cap screw which is self threading.

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
quasarsky,

You do not need to puncture the cyan tank. It is normal to use ink from the sponge chamber
first without using ink from the ink chamber. Posts #9 and #34 of this Topic show a chart
explaining how ink is used. When you get a "low ink" signal, you should get a new cartridge
ready and replace it on the "empty signal".

When using BulkInkJetCarts you probably will get a green cast on your photo prints. That
can be corrected with a custom printer profile. All non OEM cartridges and inks need
custom printer profiles for best colors. You need Photoshop (Full vesion is expensive and I
do not know if Photoshop Elements supports custom printer profiles) or Qimage ($50) to
print with custom printer profiles. You also have to learn about color management. Once you
learn how to use custom printer profiles you would newer print without them.

JV

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Muad Dib,

To correct the color cast you are getting with Bulkinkjetcarts or any other ink you need to use
custom printer profiles. To use printer profiles, assuming you do not use Photoshop:

1. Download 30 day free demo of Qimage from http://ddisoftware.com/qimage/
Purchase price is $50.

2. Go to http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=118 Post#2 and read "Printing
using Qimage's color management".

3. If you have a i9900 or iP8500 printer you can use Grandad35's custom printer profile
from http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=130 for BulkInkJetCarts #2.
That is what I am using. For your ip3000 you can experiment with this profile to learn the
proceedure, but most likely it will not work properly.

4. Order a custom printer profile from http://cathysprofiles.com ($40)

5. Profile your monitor. I used a GretagMacbeth Eye-One Display ($60)

It is not an easy process, but once you learn it you will allways use it.

Good luck,

JV