BulkInkJetCarts

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
mytime45 said:
Im on second set of BIJC#2 cartridges. First BCI-3eBk stopped printing after several pages, there was ink in the chamber but sponge looked dry. After puncturing the tape, ink transferred from one chamber to other. But, because I forgot to seal the hole, the cartridge was empty by next day. This morning my son notified me about problem printing some papers. Same black ink is giving us problem. Just have to remember to seal the hole this time. I had problems with colors and still have them. I think that the uneven flow of ink is the problem. Every time I think I have got the colors right, they change. But for me, bigger problem is black BCI-3eBk; there is something wrong with those cartridges. We will see. I have 2 more waiting to be used.
Have you made certain the vent hole (over the sponge) isn't blocked? What you describe is typical of a blocked vent.

mytime45

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I have removed the front part of the tape exposing grooves in plastic. Is there something else I should check? I will check the vent holes with a magnifying glass after work.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I had this happen on quite a few of my arrow carts from alotofthings. They would stop printing even though the tank was full of ink. Once I punctured the fill hole ink would rush into the sponge. The air maze wasn't obstructed because I could blow air into the vent hole and ink would come out. There are some threads that go into quite a bit more detail about this.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To mytime45 and others,

Its good to see someone report a problem with bulkinkjetcarts.com

The notion that any vendor will never get defective products is something that never happens. Even in the case of life and death things like heart pacemakers.

But rightly or wrongly I have chosen these folks as my vendor and have not had this problem on a very small N of 4. One of the reasons I choose bulkinkjetcarts is the open buying experience I had talking to them.

But I echo the post of JV who asks have you talked to them?

Will they stand behind their products is always the acid test and have you given them a chance?

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mytime45,

How do your nozzle check patterns look? Have you run print head cleaning? If you still have the problem try using a OEM BCI-3eBk cart to see if the problem is in the printer.

JV

mytime45

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No, I have not called them yet. Over last weekend I install OEM cartridge with some ink in it and had no problems. After finishing that cartridge, which should be really soon, will go back and play with the one that gives me problems.
I will call bulkinjetcarts soon to let them know about my problems. Thanks.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Administrator said: "Once I punctured the fill hole ink would rush into the sponge. "

This may be normal. My OEM BCI-6 cartridges do that too. I refilled them with the ink I got from Hobbicolors. I converted my OEM carts by using screws for resealing. I remember opening a screw when ink in the sponge was
mostly consumed but the reserve tank was still pretty full. I saw ink rushed into the sponge just like what you said. The OEM carts after refilled worked just fine.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hmmm.... maybe this isn't as much a manufacturer issue as it is a sponce position issue. Next time this happens to me, or you, banging the cart to reposition the sponge may do the trick.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The problem is either in the sponge or in the ink's viscosity being too high. The sponge is holding the ink up there and the printhead below is not able to draw ink down. As a result air is not able to reach the hole at the bottom of the reserve tank to release the ink into the sponge. This is an example of ink and sponge in the cart not compatible with each other. This often happens if you buy ink from vendor A and carts from vendor B. On an opposite case the sponge may be unable to hold up the ink and the ink may leak out slowly from the bottom of the printhead. If only one color leaks the leaking ink may find a way to contaminate another color next to it. I learned some hard lessons when I had a habbit of getting cheap pre-filled carts from ebay then refill them with ink from different sources. Those carts never worked consistently. Not only the colors changed I had problems like this too.

Vin787

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Has anyone used the ink cartridges from bulkinkjetcarts.com with a Canon Pixma IP5000 printer? I tried a set of all the colors! The color cartridges other than the black ones did not match the OEM Canon Cartridges very well in color reproduction. I would appreciate in hearing from anyone who has used these cartridges with a Canon 5000.

Thank You,

Vin