Another failed German refill

Great pics, Rod. I'm new and trying to decide which refill method to use - top or German. Haven't decided yet, but it is so helpful to see exactly what you're talking about here. Thanks.
 
No worries Pianoman mate. Both methods work really well & we have some really experienced refillers here with some doing top fill & others the German method.
I had great luck with my first refill (top fill in my ip 5000 & German in my pro9000) & it seemed too easy but on my second & third attempts I had ink leaking out of every orifice but as you can see from this thread this is now all sorted & my latest refill was drip free.
 
websnail said:
Evil, bad Stratman... !! :/

Now, back in your cage you...

:P :lol:
:hide


Pianoman88:

Both methods - German and Traditional top hole - can work perfectly. Become familiar with the overall techniques by reading first and then choose the method that suits your skill set and personality. There are people around to help you if you need it. Good luck!
 
websnail said:
Forgot to mention I have two PDF guides on the two techniques
Thanks! I am still amazed how much good info one can find on this forum. You guys are great!
 
Yes the PDFs are very clear & helpful, thanks mate.
 
Tudor said:
websnail said:
Forgot to mention I have two PDF guides on the two techniques
Thanks! I am still amazed how much good info one can find on this forum. You guys are great!
Agree with Tudor 100%! :thumbsup Thank you websnail.
 
In all seriousness, don't thank me... I simply put a bit of time into reading what everyone else had shared and then pulled it together with a series of photos (which actually could use re-doing against a brighter backdrop).

Add to that there were quite a few people who genuinely sat through about 20+ revisions, gave some excellent (if cutting!) feedback and made me wonder if I was completely clueless :)

So, I appreciate the sentiment but the real credit is very much a shared thing, primarily based with this community... :) So, yay you... :D
 
I have followed Rodbams account with interest, and no doubt others have had the problem of getting the needle into the correct area. In my view the drilling and correct placement of this hole is one of the most important elements of the German method. To assist with this problem I have designed a simple paper drilling template which I glue onto the Cart.This works very well and the needle usually comes out bang on the centreline.

Barfl2
 
Back
Top