Another Canon Printhead Bites The Dust?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
On the matter of the old print head and the small visible clog in the magenta channel, I have tried additional soaking and flushing of the ceramic head, but the clog has resisted all efforts to remove it. I wonder what form it takes, but I am reluctant to destroy the head on the off chance, just to find out!
Could this be a burned out nozzle? If so, no amount of soaking - even with Fairy washing up liquid - will change this.

now they look gleaming white and sweaty!
Sounds like @The Hat 's first day on holiday on the beach. :gig

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I liked the bit about The Hat. :cool:

I have refilled the cartridges with ink and the ink went up the foam sponge faster than I could fill the reservoir.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have refilled the cartridges with ink and the ink went up the foam sponge faster than I could fill the reservoir.
Sounds like Pharmacist's solution made for very thirsty (hydrophilic) sponges. I have met some of these at drinking establishments, ie bars. :drool

I have sponges that are saturated and continue to work without need for purging. YMMV.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I think we should apologise to The Hat, the inference was unfortunately too personal. I imagine him as tall and bronzed, relaxing on the beach, with all the girls around, unable to take their eyes off him. No one kicks sand in his eyes.

You may be right about the print head, but the apparently clogged channel was the red, although magenta did turn green on one nozzle check. The head is obviously damaged, but I am reluctant to destroy something that looks OK as a space model.

The sponges are noticeably different and I am looking forward to the next set change to see how they perform.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I liked the bit about The Hat. :cool:

I have wrestled for some time with that same problem of the ink completely saturating the two sponges but as @stratman rightly pointed out that it doesn’t seem to make any difference in the way the cartridges perform, but it does look odd dough.

No matter how dry I can get the lower sponge the upper sponge always seem to still hold some moisture which then makes it more lightly to suck up the newly added ink, Pharmacist’s solution is great at reconditioning the sponges but the end result is the same in my case !

I think @stratman's quote is closer to the truth but I prefer your description far better,
it didn’t half do my ego good if only for a second.. :th

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I think we should apologise to The Hat, the inference was unfortunately too personal. I imagine him as tall and bronzed, relaxing on the beach, with all the girls around, unable to take their eyes off him. No one kicks sand in his eyes.
I'll say. I found this pic of The Hat (AKA Charles Atlas) on the beach draped in ladies:
http://davidgoad.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/atlas2.jpg

Here's me (right) with The Hat:
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/bf026d71d134b403a3fa02051f9521de8a6e6a6b.jpg

Cannot insert http address into the image link window. Is it my newly updated Firefox 29.0.1 or is there a gremlin in the forum software?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Cannot insert http address into the image link window. Is it my newly updated Firefox 29.0.1 or is there a gremlin in the forum software?

I'm also a Firefox user and have also got the newest version 29. I think nothing is wrong with the forum software, as the address link functiom still works for me with the new Firefox version. Here is the forum start page, and here is a link to an image of some contaminated cartridges. Here the link is inserted using the image link function:

ip4000-cmyk-jpg.1212

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Go figure. The image link function is working again. Wasn't yesterday for me.

BTW, the image below is Charles Atlas, famous muscle man of days gone-by who inspired generations of 90 lb weaklings to no longer get sand kicked in their faces. But it could be The Hat since we don't know his real name. :D
muscle-flexing-smiley-emoticon.gif

atlas2.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just call me MR. Pumpkin...
muscle-flexing-smiley-emoticon.gif

We used to call that guy Charlie Chatless :p