Another Canon Printhead Bites The Dust?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have just read through most of this old posting. There is noticeably less posted on the subject of "blocked nozzles" in recent times and it makes me wonder if an improvement in quality of printhead design and manufacturing has been responsible.

Since I renewed my original 9000 II printhead (via CRC), I have had no further trouble. Ink may be a factor, but with such a wide variety of sources it seems less likely to be the common cause.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Emulator, I don’t think the quality of the print heads have improved one way or the other, it’s more likely to be that guys are much more aware of clogs and are taking the necessary preventative steps, hopefully.

Using your printer at least once a week was taught to be a good enough way to prevent clogging but I reckon nozzles checks are far better at it, if the printer is only used weekly, why ?

Well some of the Canon printer with these extra colours, Red/Green are not used often enough to keep them completely clear, but regular nozzles checks will use inks in both channels and will remove the old ink that can get lodged in the inlets.

Another thing that can help the printer stay in perfect health is to flood the purge pads with a little bit of alcohol monthly, this will insure that the tubing and the pump stays nice and clear, I lost a i9950 because of a purge blockage and ignorance.

We also know that 99% of ink flow issues are cartridges related problems and nothing to do with the print head whatsoever, and this too has managed to saved many a head for certain destruction.

Canon multi cartridge print heads have always had a heat related problem and I don’t reckon they ever fixed this issue on the older models, not sure about the latest models, yet the 4 & 5 colour heads last for years...!

Thank you, Emulator, for bringing up this important thread again, it should help shake some of us out of our trenches and reopen our eye...

P.S. I still recommend Fairy solution if it is deemed necessary to soak a print head outside the printer, using warm water and a drop of Ammonia also...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the quality of refill ink has improved, so that the "Killer Fungus" that clogged the print head nozzles, especially magenta, now hopefully is a thing of the past.