A couple of Videos on using Adjustment Programs

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The first is my video on resetting the R2000 with an adjustment program
The second talks about the problem with some PRO 3880 / 3800 and R3000 a channel, Magenta or other color channel going Blank which looks like a clog!

It could be a non sealing Purge / Docking station Gasket which will prevent you from being able to do a cleaning cycle do to loss of vacuum. OR air in the line from malfunctioning refillable carts of carts whose chips over report the amount of ink actually in the cart, OR carts that hold less ink volume than they are supposed OR the user underfilled them and then ran them till the chips declared them empty.
IN order to properly purge air out of the lines you have to run a re initialization of the printer with the proper Adjustment Program. Regular and even power cleaning cycles will not do the job.

The only draw back is that you will basically re initialize the printer and waste ink in the process. But it will get that air cleared out.

R2000 waste Ink Reset with Adj Prog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KG1JnkrbQA
PRO3800 Ink Initialization:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6BAZtDRE4

Joe

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a little nugget to add... We found recently that there are some ink clogs appearing that on first blush appear to be caused by air or clumped ink but are actually solids that simply will not break down to pass through the nozzles.

A key indicator is if the passive head clean (soaked pad, cleaning solution + time) doesn't release ANY of the missing nozzles and the nozzles remain consistently absent.

We had it with a visiting R3000 recently so in such cases reverse flushing the printhead is required to pull the blockage out the way it got in.

Appreciate you're covering specific re-priming here so it's a bit off-topic but we tried ink-charges to resolve our problems and wasted a metric ton of ink in the process before we realised the issue so just something to pro-actively consider is all.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Joe... I really enjoy your videos, keep up the good work! I dont know where you find the time/energy to do these, while taking/printing so many nice pictures. I'm thrilled when I find time to open Lightroom to post-process my stuff. I was wondering if you would be able to tell me where to find the adjustment tool for the R2000? Many Russian sites come up when I search Google.... just wondering if they are safe to use, virus-free, etc. I'd rather have the adjustment tool handy rather then have to search for it. I have not yet installed a waste ink tank (the printer is a recent purchase) but will at some point.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Thanks Joe... I really enjoy your videos, keep up the good work! I dont know where you find the time/energy to do these, while taking/printing so many nice pictures. I'm thrilled when I find time to open Lightroom to post-process my stuff. I was wondering if you would be able to tell me where to find the adjustment tool for the R2000? Many Russian sites come up when I search Google.... just wondering if they are safe to use, virus-free, etc. I'd rather have the adjustment tool handy rather then have to search for it. I have not yet installed a waste ink tank (the printer is a recent purchase) but will at some point.

PM me!

Joe

Guilherme Maranhao

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400 with carbon inks
I sent a PM as well.
I'm looking for an adjustment program for an old R3000 I want to change to carbon DIY inkset.
Be very grateful I anyone can assist me on this matter.