250 ml refillable ink bottle, looking for a funnel cap to spill ink

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
Hello everyone,
recently I bought from OCP in Germany the inks for my printer Epson Stylus Photo PX820FWD aka Artisan 835, 250ml each color (BK Y C M LC LM )
Those inks came each with a 250ml square bottle and with just a cap, I was trying to identify the cap standard and check if there some kind of funnel cap that I could use on it to semplificate the refilling procedure as in the attached image, I'm not interested to use some kind of syringe needle since I discovered that the holes in my refillable cartridges are exactly the same size of the tip of the attached funnel cap

Please see the attached images to better understand what I'm taking about

Attachments

• OCP.250ml.Bottle&CAP.jpg
    OCP.250ml.Bottle&CAP.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Schermata a 2020-12-08 19-37-04.jpg
    Schermata a 2020-12-08 19-37-04.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Resources - Cap and Neck Finishes.pdf
    472.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 950RnPO.jpg
    950RnPO.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 195
  • HW5EjKt.jpg
    HW5EjKt.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 187
  • wH0bdqG.jpg
    wH0bdqG.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 189
  • V53mZ86.jpg
    V53mZ86.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
  • qpUEQD3.jpg
    qpUEQD3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 176
  • hVKUxT4.jpg
    hVKUxT4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 182

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
That's a 24mm neck so it's likely I have a spout cap that would fit.

Just out interest, have you already asked me this question directly and I've missed answering or am I weirding out?

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
Something similar, I was looking for cap similar to SquEazyfill but I discovered that the syringe tip fit perfectly in the refillable cartridge hole so I will go for these kind of cap that seems more easy to get thanks
Anyway this bottle is DIN 25 standard, I asked OCP, so it will be even more difficult to find something that will match!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
They may be the same as some of the litre bottles of OCP ink we have here. I'll take a look and see if the 24mm SquEasyFill caps will fit. We have a few here so we'll see.

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
Thank you, the only thing I'm a bit concerned about the SquEasyFill system is the needle because I see some review on youtube that don't recommend to insert the needle into the cartridge because it could accidentally damage the thin plastic layer on the cartridges insides walls ,plus these caps fit flawlessly into the refillable cartridge holes, so once inserted you just need to squeeze (they are the same size of a syringe tip without the needle)

Attachments

• Schermata a 2020-12-09 15-49-01.png
    Schermata a 2020-12-09 15-49-01.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 181

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thank you, the only thing I'm a bit concerned about the SquEasyFill system is the needle because I see some review on youtube that don't recommend to insert the needle into the cartridge because it could accidentally damage the thin plastic layer on the cartridges insides walls ,plus these caps fit flawlessly into the refillable cartridge holes, so once inserted you just need to squeeze (they are the same size of a syringe tip without the needle)
Had to think about this for a second and then realised that they're referring to the plastic film that's used to seal the cartridge moulding on one side. You can avoid this issue by aiming the needle towards the plastic moulded side of the cartridge and away from the film side. It's pretty rare to puncture things without getting into rage mode though so it may be a slightly overcautious idea.

Anyway, if it helps we have PTFE and Polypropylene needles available as well (albeit not on the OctoInkjet site) so those might be an option, but not the cheapest.

That said... if you have an option that works like the one you mentioned, you don't throw it out just because...