1390 UV printer no ink

kevy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi All,

Im not sure if I can post this here.
I have a UV printer from china that uses the 1390 epson print head..
Their support is not that good, so I cannot fix the problem I am currently having.

When I print, it prints blanks, no ink is being printed for some reason.
I have tried nozzle cleaning but nozzle checks still show blanks.

Anyone know what could be the cause?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not using Uv inks, but some questions come into my mind - did you get any special handling instuctions for use with this ink - any special cleaning fluid ? I remember seeing recommendations to print frequently or to flush the ink channels with special cleaning cartridges .

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
When I print, it prints blanks, no ink is being printed for some reason.
I have tried nozzle cleaning but nozzle checks still show blanks.
Did the complete lack of any ink being printed occur suddenly at once OR was it a process of losing ink bit by bit?

Have you tried new or known working cartridges?

kevy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm not using Uv inks, but some questions come into my mind - did you get any special handling instuctions for use with this ink - any special cleaning fluid ? I remember seeing recommendations to print frequently or to flush the ink channels with special cleaning cartridges .

Yeah, they have detailed instructions.. Need to print everyday and do daily maintenance to avoid ink clogging up and drying up.
No need to flush the ink channels.

kevy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Did the complete lack of any ink being printed occur suddenly at once OR was it a process of losing ink bit by bit?

Have you tried new or known working cartridges?
Its a new printer. I saw the printer in the showroom and it worked fine, then when my one arrived I tried to install it and test print but seems like no ink is being transfered to the paper im testing on

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Back to the seller - it should be the job of the seller to get that unit in a proper working condition, I wouldn't make any attempts to repair the printer or anything else what goes beyond a nozzle cleaning command.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
when my one arrived I tried to install it and test print but seems like no ink is being transfered to the paper im testing on
To be clear, the printer never worked - no ink deposited on the paper from day one you set up the printer?

Did the print head come from the seller as well or did you source the print head yourself?

If the printer and print head came together then this should be covered by warranty from the seller.

Was this purchased on Alibaba? If so, then aren't there remedies through Alibaba if the seller is unhelpful?

kevy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for your replies.

I got it working now, noticed how I didnt lift the surface high enough, so there was a big gap between the printhead and the surface, I made the gap smaller around 1 to 2mm and it solved the problem.