Your Help Needed - Evalutating NEW Forum Software

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
We don't display them on the index page since you can find the top 5 most recent in the top right navigation box.

You can also access "New" unread and also "Recent Posts" by clicking the "New Posts" link at the top of any page:

... or you can click here: http://www.printerknowledge.com/find-new/posts

upload_2013-10-18_16-47-13.png

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Before I used to use the index to see all the new posts but I can't find that now. Do I have to click on each forum now? Good job on the change over Rob.

Here's how you to can see all new posts listed on one page similar to the old Nifty-Stuff:

1) First, make sure you have read through all the new messages on the forum because we will be flagging everything as read.

2) At the top of the page are clickable HTML words "Home", "Forum" and "Members". Click on "Forums"

3) Click on "Mark Forums Read" and follow the pop-up window prompt to mark all forums read. Now any new message that comes in, whether a new thread or a new post within a thread, will be flagged as new.

4) Again go to "Forums" at the top of the page and now click on "New Posts". A new page will appear with all new posts ,that is if there are any new posts since the last time you checked.

5) When done reading all the new posts you want to read, you can again mark all forums read so that you can clear all flags on new posts, such as unwanted threads for HP for instance that will appear as well when you clicked on "New Posts". Now, all forums will be marked as "read" and not keep showing up when you query "New Posts".

If after reading one, more or all of the new posts you were to again click on "New Posts" you would see the already read posts have disappeared from the page. Not to fear, they do this becuase you have already clicked to read them and now they are no longer "new" to you.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Great job Stratman!!!

:thumbsup

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Thanks Stratman I almost understood that:)

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Of course we can mention our location in the signature, but I think it's better to have the member's location mentioned under the member's name in the window at the left of the message.

The region is important to printer users.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Before I used to use the index to see all the new posts but I can't find that now. Do I have to click on each forum now? Good job on the change over Rob.

I had the same problem till stratman sorted me out;
just click on New Posts and you’ll get it the same as it was in old Nifty..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Your welcome guys.

A BIG thank you to Rob @Nifty for a fantastic software upgrade. Your hard work and dedication is well appreciated!

:bow :clap :woot