Wrong Toner cartridge installed

Paperboy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ricoh Aficio SP C430DN
I have a Ricoh Aficio SP C430DN. I accidentally put a cyan toner cartridge in the black toner slot and tried to print. the blacks were blue and I discovered my error, so I installed a black toner cartridge. But the blacks are still coming out blue. Did I ruin the black drum or can I just clean it?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the drum surface is very sensitive and easily damaged by cleaning attempts. I think a better approach would be replacing the cyan toner with black toner by printing. I think a purge pace would help get rid of the cyan toner quickly, maybe after one or two prints. I have attached a zipped archive with a black purge page made in MS Word.

Attachments

• Black purge page.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 300

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Yes, better leave the imaging drum alone. I use a clean lint cloth to wipe it carefully if there’re are residues of toner on the surface. Just wipe, don’t rub and, by all means, don’t try to clean it with a moist paper or fabric. I’ve seen videos where people uses rags soaked in isoprop. alcohol or other liquids. This is a fast way to ruin the drum. In top of that, while the drum is still wet an excess of toner gets stuck to the surface and the prints come out terribly stained.