1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Photo stops printing when printer <>computer connection is wi-fi
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Wrong Toner cartridge installed

Discussion in 'Laser Printers -Everything-' started by Paperboy, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Aug 22, 2019
    Paperboy

Paperboy Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Ricoh Aficio SP C430DN
    I have a Ricoh Aficio SP C430DN. I accidentally put a cyan toner cartridge in the black toner slot and tried to print. the blacks were blue and I discovered my error, so I installed a black toner cartridge. But the blacks are still coming out blue. Did I ruin the black drum or can I just clean it?

2. Aug 22, 2019
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    I think the drum surface is very sensitive and easily damaged by cleaning attempts. I think a better approach would be replacing the cyan toner with black toner by printing. I think a purge pace would help get rid of the cyan toner quickly, maybe after one or two prints. I have attached a zipped archive with a black purge page made in MS Word.

Attached Files:

Paperboy, Artur5 and The Hat like this.
  3. Aug 23, 2019
    Artur5

Artur5 Print Addict

Printer Model:
    Canon Maxify 5150,Canon Pro10s
    Yes, better leave the imaging drum alone. I use a clean lint cloth to wipe it carefully if there’re are residues of toner on the surface. Just wipe, don’t rub and, by all means, don’t try to clean it with a moist paper or fabric. I’ve seen videos where people uses rags soaked in isoprop. alcohol or other liquids. This is a fast way to ruin the drum. In top of that, while the drum is still wet an excess of toner gets stuck to the surface and the prints come out terribly stained.

Paperboy likes this.