Windows XP Unsupported from April 2014

RagerToo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP1200laser HP 8250 Photosmart
Yeah .. good post 3dogs. I was late to the XP table, but I'm the only user on my machine so it'll do till the pocket book gets a filling.

I run (corp) Pro with all the extra crap that comes with it. No biggie I just like choices.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Yeah .. good post 3dogs. I was late to the XP table, but I'm the only user on my machine so it'll do till the pocket book gets a filling.

I run (corp) Pro with all the extra crap that comes with it. No biggie I just like choices.

Thanks for that, by Pro I am assuming the XP Pro usually supplied to Corporate users?
Interesting point whats the story there, is that out of time too?
I know of a few business users here, but have not followed up on that, didn't give it a thought to be honest!

Cheers,

Andrew

RagerToo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP1200laser HP 8250 Photosmart
By "all the crap" I meant that there are other features included with Pro, as opposed to Home.

Corp doesn't have ownership verification prompts and all that bs with the OS. And sure, all v of XP are obsolete. The hallmark plus to XP is that it is the first Windows OS entirely disconnected from the hardware and slightly easier to use than W2K/ NT, which was also a virtual machine, but afaik, reboots were often required for software dealings.

ta da ... no reason that it couldn't run till it runs out of electrons to move.

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Finally, I upgraded to Win7 home premium. A DVD with certificate was bought on Ebay and GO!

The installation took quite some time, and then not everything worked properly:
-Flash player crashed in Firefox
-Truecript volumes were changed to read only
-Almost every change in files had to be done 'as administrator'
-My Photoshop CS8 was not compatible so I had to upgrade to CS5. My Canon scanner wasn't recognized by CS5

It took even more time to solve these problems and I even considered to downgrade to XP again.

But now, with everything in working order, I must admit that Win7 is slightly better than XP. I have found drivers for every printer and scanner I've got.