Windows 10 Free Update Offer

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
@Emulator

One other solution for you would be to back up all unique valuable data then do a brand new installation of Windows 7, update to most current files using Windows Update, and then upgrade to Windows 10. You will have to re-install all your third party applications and then copy over your unique files (images, documents, etc) and manipulate settings as desired to get things to look/perform the way you want. The upside to this laborious process is a CLEAN machine!

I have naively suffered under the illusion that my computer is supposed to be a tool for me to use for greater efficiency. Too many times I've had to become its "slave", spending countless hours searching for and using workarounds or additional utilities to make this smug pile of binary mysteries bend to my will! It is somewhat like having a difficult child (or, if my lovely wife isn't reading my posts, a stubborn spouse)!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@fotofreek

If you don't want to wrastle with yer computer then consider Apple. At least this is what I've been told. You can get a new computer and a new wife, but the computer is way less expensive in the long run. Besides, your wife is an angel, just like @The Hat 's. They put up with the likes of you two. ;)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
The installation of the Samsung SSD was carried out exclusively with the provided Samsung software. No doubt with the help of Win 7.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thank you @stratman for the most courteous responses.

I agree with @fotofreek. I don't mind wasting a few hours but feel I should not have to, in this "upgrade", which is inflicted upon us. My wife doesn't know how she could cope with a computer without me, my daughter has had MS computers and currently has an Apple and is far from happy with it. My son has a business installed MS computer and is not impressed with it, so we are all a bit discontented!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Thank you @stratman for the most courteous responses.

I agree with @fotofreek. I don't mind wasting a few hours but feel I should not have to, in this "upgrade", which is inflicted upon us. My wife doesn't know how she could cope with a computer without me, my daughter has had MS computers and currently has an Apple and is far from happy with it. My son has a business installed MS computer and is not impressed with it, so we are all a bit discontented!

My feeli g is that MS has read the writing Apple have put on the wall with the cloud and the ability to toll charge us AND HIKE PRICES ........
I have for many years felt that this "free enterprise" world unfolding in front of us is the product of a very few who control the money and puppet institutions like the CIA and its like all around the world. For nearly as long I have thought that a global French Revolution was on the cards...
Then China started to expand and IS put its head up....
Now I am sure that the revolution has begun, the youngies will just not tolerate the crap we do....I sure glad that I will not be around to live through it, it will be messy, but I am at the same time in hopes that they dont stop half way like the French did.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
My feeli g is that MS has read the writing Apple have put on the wall with the cloud and the ability to toll charge us AND HIKE PRICES ........
I have for many years felt that this "free enterprise" world unfolding in front of us is the product of a very few who control the money and puppet institutions like the CIA and its like all around the world. For nearly as long I have thought that a global French Revolution was on the cards...
Then China started to expand and IS put its head up....
Now I am sure that the revolution has begun, the youngies will just not tolerate the crap we do....I sure glad that I will not be around to live through it, it will be messy, but I am at the same time in hopes that they dont stop half way like the French did.

That's a bit drastic, I am not as unhappy as that and have faith in our ability improve by individual effort and that the good out number the bad. Look at the European Community it is still a mess, but is trying hard to make a better world.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
That's a bit drastic, I am not as unhappy as that and have faith in our ability improve by individual effort and that the good out number the bad. Look at the European Community it is still a mess, but is trying hard to make a better world.

Sound of Chamberlin s' words on his return from Berlin.....

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Get a grip Lad… Social Media is now in control, Not the Politicians.. :weee

You are 100% correct, the VOICE of the YOUNG :hide

enough of this seriousness, as you say, ...... hats off, gloves off and away to the Lightroom to do a murder on a very nice image :gig:gig:gig:gig

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
In Windows versions from 95 to 8.1 inclusive it was easy to determine which window was the active one. It was easily seen from the colour of the title line of the active window, but take a look at this Windows 10 screen shot. Can you spot the active window? Can I change a setting to make the active window stand out?

i965-w10-jpg.3140