Why Join Our Printerknowledge Community - Hey You Lurkers!

Support

Print Addict
Staff member
Reaction score
We're lucky to have an amazing community here at PrinterKnowledge! Recently we made a huge change and updated our forum software. The new features and tools are proving to be worth the effort!

Well, we recently realized that even though things look a bit different, the "feeling" of community is still the same. This got us thinking: "What do our members love most about PK? We have a great group of people here, and now even better features and tools... it would be cool to know what they like about being members!"

Then we realized we have hundreds of "lurkers" that visit every day but don't join us (we know... crazy to think, right?! )

Well, we decided it would be fun to start a thread where our existing and new members could:
  1. List the reasons why they like being members here
  2. Tell about some of the benefits of joining the community and going from lurker to member
  3. Post any other information that may help the lurkers (ya, you, the person reading this RIGHT NOW) that they should join our community!

Here are a few of the reasons WE love PK and think peeps should join us:
  • A very friendly and active community where you can discuss pretty much anything to do with printing, refilling, and printers in general.
  • We have a strong sense of community here! People often come seeking advice about their printers and end up making friends. We pride ourselves in maintaining a fully-moderated, friendly and welcoming community, where flaming, cursing and trolling are not acceptable.
  • You'll be able to interact with tons of great people who share similar interests.
  • They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and we love seeing pictures of everyone's printers, setup, etc! Becoming a member allows you to easily post and share your pictures with a community that will appreciate them.
  • As a member, you have can participate in contests and giveaways often with prizes. They are fun, and who doesn't like free stuff from winning a prize?
  • You'll be able to subscribe to threads and forum sections and get notifications of updates.
  • Fewer Ads: Advertising keeps this site free for the thousands of people who visit. We reward our signed-in members by showing them fewer ads!
  • Registering is FREE and EASY!
(make sure to check the box for "No, create an account now")

upload_2013-12-16_13-17-37.png

Ok PK members, please reiterate any of the points above and add your own!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here are a few things I think will help the Lurkers (YOU) to enter this heavenly place. :frow

Firstly we don’t bite even when bitten first but please don’t make a habit of it.

If you use any sort of printer for home or work (Yes even Business) you can get almost endless free advice and help here from many many guys who don’t work for any Printer Manufacturers.

I once was a Lurker here myself, all be it for just one day and I soon realised that there were many friendly guys who knew a hell of a lot about printers that could help me with some of my many print problems, but I must say they couldn’t save my i9950 from premature death, because I simply got here too late. :hit

To join us please just sign up, the best thing is its private and confidential no one will know who you are and none of your information is given out to ANYONE that includes other members too.

You only tell you us what you want us to know, so all you need is an Avatar and a User name that’s it no more information is required, your location is not mandatory (Earth somewhere) but it does help you get better advice.

The aim of this Forum is to keep every one of its member’s happily printing away day after day as cheaply as possible while at the same time not comprising on output quality and to always maintain their printers in good order and condition.

The only down side that I can see of becoming a member of this print community is,…. You end up becoming a Printaholic or worse even a hoarder and owning a plethora of printers because you simply enjoy the freedom of just been able to print what you like.. :weee

To sign off I will say this, we were all ignorant at some point and didn’t know our ass from our elbow about any printers, but in time we learned many thing from this friendly forum.

If you sign up and do learn something and I can guarantee you will, then you too can pass on the valuable knowledge you have gained to other guys who are scratching the wrong part of their Anatomy in frustration.

You know you want to and now is a good time, so go on go on.. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What The Hat said. Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup

Support

Print Addict
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few things I think will help the Lurkers (YOU) to enter this heavenly place. :frow

Firstly we don’t bite even when bitten first but please don’t make a habit of it.

If you use any sort of printer for home or work (Yes even Business) you can get almost endless free advice and help here from many many guys who don’t work for any Printer Manufacturers.

I once was a Lurker here myself, all be it for just one day and I soon realised that there were many friendly guys who knew a hell of a lot about printers that could help me with some of my many print problems, but I must say they couldn’t save my i9950 from premature death, because I simply got here too late. :hit

To join us please just sign up, the best thing is its private and confidential no one will know who you are and none of your information is given out to ANYONE that includes other members too.

You only tell you us what you want us to know, so all you need is an Avatar and a User name that’s it no more information is required, your location is not mandatory (Earth somewhere) but it does help you get better advice.

The aim of this Forum is to keep every one of its member’s happily printing away day after day as cheaply as possible while at the same time not comprising on output quality and to always maintain their printers in good order and condition.

The only down side that I can see of becoming a member of this print community is,…. You end up becoming a Printaholic or worse even a hoarder and owning a plethora of printers because you simply enjoy the freedom of just been able to print what you like.. :weee

To sign off I will say this, we were all ignorant at some point and didn’t know our ass from our elbow about any printers, but in time we learned many thing from this friendly forum.

If you sign up and do learn something and I can guarantee you will, then you too can pass on the valuable knowledge you have gained to other guys who are scratching the wrong part of their Anatomy in frustration.

You know you want to and now is a good time, so go on go on.. :)

Very well said!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I think we may need a bigger carrot because the Lurkers are still not convinced by our friendly nature; the latest up-takes are not exactly jumping into the net very fast. :D:D

So come on Mr Lurker and we would also like to see much more Mrs Lurker, come join the Hoedown:celebrate:pop

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hmm... we're open to ideas on how to convert the lurkers into members! Hey, how about you lurkers join and give us your ideas! ;) :D

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
As one of the "charter members" of this forum I'd say that it represents a compendium of printer knowledge that, while initially based on the pre-chipped cartridges printers, applies to the current printers and all generations in between. We all need the infusion of questions and answers about each new generation of printers to be helpful to everyone who comes to the forum. New people with both older and new printers can both resolve their own problems with the vast information here and help the next person who comes here for answers and advice. "Lurkers" are always welcome to learn from the forum and are invited to contribute as members as well.

We all came here to learn how to solve a problem and decided to stay and help others as well. I learned very early on that the printer manufacturers are not in business to keep our printers working as long as we would like - it takes a community of problem solvers to beat them at the "built-in obsolescence" and wildly expensive ink game. This is that community.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
We all came here to learn how to solve a problem and decided to stay and help others as well. I learned very early on that the printer manufacturers are not in business to keep our printers working as long as we would like - it takes a community of problem solvers to beat them at the "built-in obsolescence" and wildly expensive ink game. This is that community.

I agree.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
One thing for those who read the forum but have not yet joined -- think of registering now as an insurance policy for the day when you may need help.

We often ask for a nozzle check or some other image of your printer or print outs in order to assist. Rob, @Nifty administrator and owner of the forum, please correct if needed: There has been a 24 hour wait from the time you register till the time you can post an image. Registering before you actually need help may save time and get you back to printing a day sooner.

Also, Rob, restate your email and personal information privacy guidelines (neither sell nor give out info...). It couldn't hurt to let the lookyloo's know their info and email are safe and not abused.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks @stratman for the call-outs!

Uploading pics: Since we have better anti-spam features now, we don't limit the ability to upload pics for new members. So, for now, you're able to upload pictures as a new member... but that could always change depending on spam activity.

Privacy policy: We do not sell or give out email addresses and personal information and guard it very carefully!