Which Printer to Buy :Epson or Canon

Kartik

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi .
I am actually looking forward in buying an All-in one or PSC printer.I was really interested in Epson .I can be seen on this link.http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Epson_Launches_Two_All-in-one_Printers/551-104961-581.html

Or can you tell me any Canon Printer.
Its Indian Site is http://www.canon.co.in/c/EN/155-All-In-One/....Please see in Inkjet Column

I really want to get help between theses two brands.
As i think buying new cartridges will not be expensive in case of Epson.
Looking forward for replies.
Has anyone used Epson..???
Epson Site is.....http://www.epson.co.in/products/printers/allinone/aio_list.shtm.
Please tell other suggestions apart from these also.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
For an all purpose All In One or PSC, get a Canon with 5 separate tanks. Stay far far away from the entry level Canon models with 2 cartridges they are simply not worth the initial savings. Ideally look for the previous generation with PGI-5 and CLI-8 ink tanks. The only Epson worthy of consideration are the 6 tank ones and ONLY if photography is a higher priority than fast sharp text printing, otherwise forget about them. If printing photos is not the priority, it is clearly Canon. You can ignore the other brands. Seems biased but many here will agree.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I agree with mikling and since he is one of the forum's best experts on Epson printers (note his picture shows a bunch of Epson cartridges), you can be sure he is not biased.

Kartik

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Can you Suggest some Canon Printer by seeing its Indian site as listed in my above post.
How easy is refilling done in Canon.How long does the new catridges last.How will the printer respond if not in motion for some yrs or months.As my HP now has started giving me problems after 5 yrs.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you are going to have periods of months or even years when the printer won't be used, I suggest that you get yourself a new or second hand laser printer. Inkjet printers work best when used frequently, and also, your ink cartridges will eventually evaporate if not used for months on end. Clogged nozzles will also become a problem for you. In my opinion, for your particular needs, a laser is the answer.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
One potential compromise solution for inkjets left unused for extended periods of time is to buy a printer that uses cartridges that have the printhead built directly onto the cartridge. This way, if the ink is plugged up or evaporated, all you have to do is buy another cartridge, not a new cartridge and separate printhead.

As I understand, cartridges with the printhead built directly into them are found primarily (only?) on low end consumer models. Another issue is that these types of cartridges often have more than one color of ink contained within a single cartridge, and the cartridge is marked "empty" when one color runs out even though the other colors have sufficient ink remaining. This causes signifigant waste of ink and money, though you might be able to mitigate your losses by refilling the cartridge yourself... if you can do it at all.

Unless color is critical to your needs, a laser printer would be easier to maintain and more economical but not guaranteed to function if left unused in immoderate environmental conditions.

My own experience:

-- Canon MP830 - unused 3+ weeks - printed as expected

-- Panasonic KX-P7305 - unused 6 months - printed expected

Kartik

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Plz can you help me select from Canon MP145,MP198,MP245....(As these fall within my budget).
Also,plz compare it in functionality with the Epson newly launched TX210.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Kartik,

Imagine you would pay for example $70 for the printers you mentioned, but the cartridges (all with 3-1 cartridges and integrated printhead) and after 3 refills the ink cartridges become useless, because the material is suffering from fatique or you did pierce through the the special membrane, rendering the cartridge useless..... Then you have to buy expensive cartridges again..... And since the capacity is very low you have to refill 3-4 times more often than the single cart printers.......

After a few refills you will actually save money with the single cartridge printers.

Kartik

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Please help me in selecting from Canon PIXMA(Rs 7200) ,Epson TX 400(Rs. 7000),Epson TX 210(Rs. 6000).
There are some differences that i got to know like ::: As for the canon model , its scanning resolution is double of the epson's, ink droplet size is minimum - 2pl, but print resolution is 4800X1200 compared to epson's 5760X1440, has a lower copying speed (dont know if I can wait a little longer but I think I can). Canon requires all cartridges to be filled whereas epson can use black ink only(INKDIVIDUAL) .
Most importantly , Canon cartridges are double the cost( I am not sure if I would be using refillable cartridges).
I really can't figure out the meaning in gen terms.I will take printouts frequently.So i wil have to buy inkjet with the max range of 7000.
Please help me buddy s.
The required sites are : http://www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Epson_Stylus_TX400_Review/551-99137-637-1.html
AND
http://www.epson.co.in/epson/compar...ction=compare&productIds=1473&productIds=1324

I expect my usage to be lot of text printing and scanning with very occasional color printing.

kyocera toner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'll go with canon printers! Why? Try to read reviews of different brands and I am sure Canon printers will prove its worth.

--------------------------
For consumer friendly articles about toners, read kyocera toner