Which Printer to Buy :Epson or Canon

jere

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Kartik,

Imagine you would pay for example $70 for the printers you mentioned, but the cartridges (all with 3-1 cartridges and integrated printhead) and after 3 refills the ink cartridges become useless, because the material is suffering from fatique or you did pierce through the the special membrane, rendering the cartridge useless..... Then you have to buy expensive cartridges again..... And since the capacity is very low you have to refill 3-4 times more often than the single cart printers.......

After a few refills you will actually save money with the single cartridge printers.
This is especially true with the Canon MP145 (two carts, printheads in the cart). The quality is quite nice, but I don't think you can call it a good CISS (or refill) printer. I bought the printer & CISS in Jan and I have now bought three extra carts. I've printed a good amount, over 4000 A4 pages mostly text and small images, but also full pages in color. So the price isn't bad compared to printing with original carts, but I thought using a CISS would have been different. The most annoying thing is when the printer just quits in the middle of a print job (I'm making this 20-page magazine for about 50 subscribers).

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
If text printing is a majority of your printing jobs Canon is pretty much the only one to consider. If you do not print much you won't save much from refilling so you can forget about refilling. But if you print everyday you really can save a lot by refilling. You will want a printer with individual ink tanks. Check this Canon web site and see the features of all Canon printers and compare:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndex1Act&fcategoryid=103