Where IS that video?

marceltho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wilko wrote
What size tubing do you use and where did you get it? Also any ideas for purging PGI-5 carts?
The orange clip I got when I bought empty chinese refill cartridges, but I never used them, as I started immidiately with the German refill methode.
At first I purged emty carts ( I bought a lot of virgin carts on Ebay ) with the hose straight on the outlet, but that is not so easy, as there are 4 little plastic wings o the outside of the outlet, the hose does not stay on it, so you need both hands at the same time, and the hose still comes off easily.

I used the hose that fitted on the outlet, I bought it at a DIY store, here in Canada that would be Home Depot, Rona or Canadian tire.
The orange cap diameter was too big for the hose, but you just heat the end of the hose up in boiling water, and fit/force it on the orange cap. The hose stays soft after that, and has a perfect fit to glue afterwards.

I didn't give PGI-5 carts a try yet, but I think I will do the same as I do with the CLI-8 carts, as I have a big orange clip. ( got an iP4300 for $ 15.00......:lol:)
If that doesn't work, I would try to reverse what I did until now, attach the clip with hose, put the cartridge including clip and hose in warm water, and go with vacuum on the the other side of the hose.

Hope this helps, and if anyone gives it a try, don't forget to post pictures/video........