What ink would you swear by?

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Since I'm planning to get me a new printer, I was wondering what are the best ink options out there. I guess it's time to step up to the plate and stop buying local, "universal" inks. Since the new printer will be coming with a 5-tank hybrid system (2 black tanks, 1 for dye, 1 for pigment), and the local supply of pigment black just clogged up my printheads, I want to go with the tried-and-true inks for now.

My new printer will probably be the iP3680, unless I find a good reason to jump for the iP4680.

And if any of you are selling these inks, could you include shipping costs to ship to the Philippines?

Thanks!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hobbicolors (they ship to the Philippines). You can use the UW-8 series, which works very well with the PGI-220/520/820 and the CLI-221/521/821 cartridges. Be careful with the pure pigment PMT-Black. I would suggest to use the PMD-Black with some dye in it, but the flow properties are better. Or go for the new developed Inktec inks for these cartridges.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
InkTEC, HP OEM ink for plotters (large 69ml cartridges) used as cheaper quality ink.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Inktec is a cheaper alternative?

Can you point me to the sellers of Inktec and Hobbicolors? I know I can google it, but I prefer that I land on the same page as you guys.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Can't say that Hobbicolors UW8 ink is the best. But it does work wonderfully well. I refill a set of OEM cartridges for my MP780 with Hobbicolors ink. The printer works like a work horse. No matter how many pages I print it completes the print job perfectly every time. Hobbicolor ink is the brand that I have a complete confidence that it will not clog my print head.