WF-2750 Printer all-of-a-sudden SLOW

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
WF-2750 has started printing very slowly - maybe 3-5 minutes or so for a simple BW text file. Kind-of like it is printing a high quality color image. It used to spit out these text documents in a few seconds.

What has caused the printer to perform so slowly?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
did you check the driver settings - the paper selection and the quality level ?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Unless someone with specific knowledge of your printer or similar models then the reasons are many. Next to nothing, you have given the least amount of information possible for something with many, many causes.

If you are running a Mac or Linux then the answers may be different than with a Windows PC. This is one of the first pieces of info you need to state.

What have you tried? What has your Google search informed you and what have you ruled out as cause? No sense going over the same ground if we don't have to.

I did a Google search and changed up the terms a little bit. The results are fairly similar.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=WF-2750+has+started+printing+very+slowly

https://www.google.com/search?q=WF-...B5A2SAQQxLjE0mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

A linked video at the top of the search is a good place to start as it is printer independent and includes some great general tips:

The answer may be in your User Manual, The following is NOT your printer's User Manual but demonstrates the answer may be in yours.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/837722/Epson-Wf-2630.html?page=214

Plenty for you to read and try. Let us know what happens.

UtenteMac

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
WF-2750 has started printing very slowly - maybe 3-5 minutes or so for a simple BW text file. Kind-of like it is printing a high quality color image. It used to spit out these text documents in a few seconds.

Months ago I experienced the same with a WF-7610. I worked for days to find out the cause and the solution.
In my case all I had to do was unplugging the Ethernet cable and leaving the printer in Wi-Fi only.
Last week I decided to try to plug the cable back and voila! Super slow again.

WilloBee

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON MG6620/5620 IX6520
If you are on Windows this effect can be due to a defective spooler.

Latest posts