waste ink tank reset for i250???

lxjoao

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi, i posted the problem already to adamj, here http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=562,
but just want to open this question again. due to the down of the fixyourownprinter site, i look for help here.

after full waste ink tank message i cleaned the ink pads, not the "tank". Then i tried to reset the waste ink tank counter, with all the little helpful instructions i found in this forum. But it didnt work.

I followed this:

Start with the printer OFF

1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
2. release RESUME (while still holding down the POWER)
3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
4. The green light will blink and the printer will make some noise. Wait until this is finished, you are now in the

printer's diagnostic mode.

My i250 continues to blink seven time orange, - it seems not possible to enter programming/ data functions.

I tried it with the printer-head in and out.

I found some posts with a link to the fixyourownprinter.com forum, but today, - this site is down.,

So, anybdy can telll me the secret of the i250?

thanks

lxjoao

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello, thanks for the quick answers, Manuchau and tyamada.
Only one procedure of the links you sent, worked out, but it worked well for the i250.

>>...here finally is the complete answer to the problem of the waste ink tank counter reset for Canon i250 and i350 printers.

>1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable >from printer.
>2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7).
>3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer.
>4. The indicator should be green.
>5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange.
>6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green.
>7. NOW Release POWER buttons.
>8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).
>9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY >your default printer and all should work...It did for me.
>>>
worked with me,
the link to the original post is:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/25564

So, good luck for other i250/350 owners.